Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Crazy Week

You know, I almost hate weeks when Wes isn't home, and not just because he's not here. I do miss him, especially right after I go to bed at night. I get so lonely in that time between going to bed and drifting off to sleep. But I also let myself get into "vacation" mode, like I don't have to do anything just because he's not here. That's what has happened yesterday and today. I am so unmotivated to do anything, and I keep getting distracted from what I should be doing. Praise the Lord Wes is coming home tomorrow to get his wife straightened out again!

Wes seems to be having a great time at the conference. He has seen several old friends, and his room is just a few doors down from my dad's pastor. He's sharing a room with Sam, who has been so busy that Wes has barely seen him this week. Beth and I watched the service online last night, and today I've listened to the two afternoon sessions that were in the main auditorium. They were geared to preachers, but I'm a preacher's wife and I can fill Wes in on what they said if he was in a breakaway session. See? I can help him! ;)

Samuel has been working in various jobs around campus this week. He's done restaurant duty, little-kid duty, singing duty, and I don't know what else. He called me this morning right before the service, mainly to find out exactly what sessions I wanted his dad to buy for me. I take phone calls from my boys when I can get them; there is not set time for them. I'm just glad to hear their voices.

Beth and I have been piddling around in our various hobbies. Mine has mostly been reading and internet surfing. Beth has gotten into jewelry making, and is doing quite well with it. At night, we're watching girl movies, Jane Austen-type stuff that makes the guys gag when they walk into the room. We stayed up last night till 12:30 watching Cranford . It's actually a BBC TV series, I think, but we watched all of it last night - 5 or 6 hours' worth. It's fun to do that occasionally, but I'd be worn out doing that too often.

I read Mistaken Identity: Two Families, One Survivor, Unwavering Hope the past few days. That's the story of the two girls involved in a horrible accident in Indiana in April, 2006. One of the girls was killed in the accident, while the other was seriously injured. When paramedics arrived, the injured girl was mistakenly identified as the other girl. The book tells the story of how the two families dealt with the tragedy, both before and after the injured girl's true identity was established. I was glued to this book, and I want to review it here someday soon. If you can find it at your library or bookstore, you should get it. My commitment to the Lord was challenged by reading about these families.

Sorry this is just rambling, but that's how my days have been. Tomorrow we're driving back to Seattle to get Wes and hopefully Friday will be back to normal. Whatever that is. Have a great evening!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVED Cranford. Great movie!
    It is easy to get in that mode when the husband is gone. It is also easy when he is home for a week...I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bren, my husband is home all the time! He's a full-time pastor with his office in our home. I had to learn not to be in vacation mode with him here, or we'd have been in a heap of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have "Mistaken Identity" on hold at the local library. I just checked, and I'm finally up to #2 on the holds list. I'm looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that book on my shelf but haven't read it yet. I saw the story on one of the evening news magazine shows -- can't remember which one -- and was just riveted.

    I like to watch those kinds of films, too, on those rare occasions when all the guys are out. I had not heard of Cranford, though -- I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginny, I was on hold for that book for a long time, but it was worth it. I hope you enjoy it!

    Barbara, you have to get it down and read it! It's so good. I'd love to see what you have to say about it. I think you'd like Cranford, too. It's a little more along the lines of comedy than others I've seen of this type. Beth and I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin