Thursday, June 05, 2008

To Answer a Couple of Questions

I have gotten seriously behind on answering comments this week, so I wanted to answer two questions that were asked in the comments of the Simple Woman's Daybook post.

The first question is from Pam in Jerusalem:
A date with Wes... does this happen often, or is this an extra special occasion?
Pam, Wes and I try to have a date every week. Sometimes we'll go for several weeks without going out alone together, but most weeks we do something at some point during the week. Usually just going out for coffee, but sometimes a sandwich-type meal, others a full-fledged out-to-dinner date. It all depends on how much money and/or time we have. So my reference to a date this week was no special occasion, just my delight in knowing that we'll get to have a date! ;)

Second question comes from Deby:
and now about sock dolls...can you elaborate????
Deby, I found an old sock doll from my childhood a few weeks ago (or has it been a couple of months now?!), and decided to try my hand at making them myself. The one I have is a sailor, and I was thinking that military dolls might be of interest to folks right now, with the war going on. So I started working on two of them, from some of Wes' and Andrew's old socks, and I've gotten so far as stuffing them! The method I use is similar to making a sock monkey. I need to make them some clothes and learn to embroider their faces. I am slow at it, though, so I don't have much to show for my effort yet.

I will try to reply to more comments, but I'm running a little short on time today. Thank you all for each comment; it still gives me a thrill every time I see a comment on one of my posts!

2 comments:

  1. Bruce and I try to date every Friday afternoon.

    Love the idea about the sock doll. Can't wait to see it when you're finished. I have a pretty good feeling you'll have it all figured out in no time.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering my question!
    I would love to be able to have dates with my husband... maybe some day.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your sock doll! Maybe you could post some instructions; it sounds like my kids would enjoy that as a craft project this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin