Monday, June 30, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

For June 30, 2008

Outside My Window...

Mixed sun and clouds. And it's gonna be hot again today!

I am thinking...

About tomorrow - Canada Day - and how we will celebrate; also thinking about school, always thinking about school these past couple of weeks

I am thankful for...

My children - each one is doing something profitable this summer, things they love doing

From the kitchen...

Chicken Caesar Salad, made with leftover chicken from yesterday's dinner

I am wearing...

A denim skirt, red polo shirt, runners; my hair is up in a banana clip - does anyone else still use those? I like the look, even though it's very 80s!

I am creating...

Sigh . . . I want to create, but by the time I do all the other stuff I really need to do, I just put off the creative stuff. I hope to get started on those dresses this week.

I am going...

To take Beth to her babysitting job this morning, then come back home to clean up from the weekend and see what Wes wants to do today

I am reading...

The Sacred Shore by Janette Oke and T. Davis Bunn (rereading the series)

I am hoping...

That the weather will stay nice - it's hot, but so far not unbearable, as long as I don't have to move around too much in the afternoon! LOL

I am hearing...

Cars on the highway, Wes being . . . Wes ;)

Around the house...

Everything is so dirty! How did this happen? I have a long list of projects, most of which are decluttering and organizing various areas, so I'll pick one and work on that this week

One of my favorite things...

Sitting outside after a hot day and feeling the cool breeze

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Get started on those dresses I want to make - play on Tuesday - make a doctor's appointment to follow up on new meds - be faithful to the gym - hopefully finish grading and order what we need for next year

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Last July 4th, on a trip through the mountains - still some snow-covered peaks!

For more Simple Woman's Daybook entries, please be sure to visit The Simple Woman!

8 comments:

  1. Susan, We too have got the heat....and yesterday we had humidty with it. We have TWO window air conditioners, for which I am so so thankful for....
    I love sunshine, and miss it so much here, BUT, when it gets past the mid 70's I overheat and get grumpy.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty humid up here today, Deby. The skies were overcast until just a bit ago, but the temps were up around 80 by noon. We have NO air conditioners, which is really hard to handle on days that it gets anywhere past mid-70s. I agree - I love the sunshine, but I don't do well when it gets really hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hot here, and that water in your picture looks so cool and inviting. Makes me wish I could just fall back into it like those old iced tea commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture. Mountains are the most beautful of the Lord's landscapes to me. They always make me feel so relaxed, and content..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love reading these posts. Hey, do you guys have A/C where your at? I was wondering if Canada is like Europe.

    Can't wait to see the dresses and your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tuppence - the water is part of what we love so much here. We are on the west coast, with the inlet and harbor, and all through the interior mountains are these lakes and ponds - just beautiful!

    Susan, I have always loved the mountains! I grew up in upstate SC, near the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, so moving here was so thrilling because we are living at the foot of . . . mountains!

    Tori, we don't have AC here in the Vancouver area, because it never gets hot enough for long enough to warrant the expense. We do have a few uncomfortable days each summer - this past Sat. and Sun. were very hot, up into the 80s (which is hot when you don't have AC). Businesses are air-conditioned usually, but it's not the blast of cold air that we were used to in the south. Just a little cooler than outside. I'm gradually adjusting, but I do dread those days that go much above 75 degrees or so! And the rest of Canada gets much hotter, so from what I understand, even in other areas of BC people do have AC in their homes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. Nice to 'meet' you through your Daybook. I need to declutter, too, as well as do the paperwork for my dd14's grade 9 portfolio. I should make a list of what I need to order for September. Enjoy your day!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed that series of books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin