Tuesday, June 03, 2008

My Apologies

I've been trying out the Amazon widgets for the past few days. There were some that had random ads that were supposed to match the content of your blog or web page, and I thought they would be fine. This morning I had an e-mail from a friend who said that she had seen some inappropriate ads on my widgets, so I checked them out myself. Although she mentioned different things than what I saw, the ones that were there when I was on were for a certain celebration of a lifestyle that I do not accept. I won't have that on my blog in any way, shape, or form, so I took the widgets off. Now the only Amazon ad that remains is the one that I have complete control over, the one for my bookstore in the right sidebar.

If any of you have noticed offensive ads, I offer you my sincere apologies. I hadn't seen any that were so off the mark that I considered them offensive until today. You won't ever so them here again!

3 comments:

  1. It is just like enemy to try to sneak things in a discredit Christians...Praise the Lord it was caught.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame we can't control ANY widget we put on our blogs. Sorry that happened to you.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it awful that these things happen - and they happen more often than not. I would never think that an Amazon widget would be bad, but I guess I'm pretty naive. I'm so glad your friend let you know.

    God bless you ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin