Monday, June 02, 2008

Me? Southern?

This thing says I have a southern accent. Considering that everywhere I go here people ask me where I'm from and never bat an eyelash when I say South Carolina or Texas, I'd say this thing is right! ;)

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The South
 

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

Philadelphia
 
The Midland
 
The Northeast
 
The Inland North
 
Boston
 
The West
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Hat Tip: Mary at The Way It Is

3 comments:

  1. A Southerner in Canada! I've known a few of those!! :-)

    I took that a long time ago but I think it said my accent was from the "Midlands" which equated to basically no accent. I don't now quite how that happened as I lived in TX for 22 years and SC for most of the rest of my life.

    BTW, speaking of Canadians, on the Christian radio station yesterday morning as I made breakfast was a program where the announcer was telling a little bit about the hymn or singer as he introduced each song. I was half-listening at one point and thought he said something about a comedian. I thought, "Huh?" Then a little later on he said something about someone else being "also a Canadian," and I realized that must have been what he had said earlier. A Canadian hymn singer or writer makes a lot more sense that a comedian who writes hymns. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...just out of curiosity I took the test...and guess what...I have no American accent! LOL...makes sense since I'm from Manitoba.
    People in Ontario and the east have a different accent though...
    I've never noticed an accent in westerners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember if I've ever commented here or not...LOL...I'm 47 and perimenopausal...am I making excuses, you betya...LOL!

    Anyhow, I've enjoyed my read of your blog today!☺

    I am from KY but living in Ohio for 3 years....yep, I get asked where I'm from....A LOT!!☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin