Monday, June 09, 2008



June 9, 2008

Outside My Window...

It's raining . . . still

I am thinking...

About my doctor visit this morning and my diabetes health

I am thankful for...

Summer fruits and veggies filling the little farm market where I shop

From the kitchen...

Chicken Caesar Salad and baked potatoes

I am wearing...

A black jumper, beige top, and a sweater (on June 9th, y'all)

I am creating...

Clothes for my two little sock dolls, learning to embroider their faces, and hopefully a new top for me; working on Wes' cross-stitched eagle

I am going...

To the gym and to get a new prescription filled

I am reading...

My Bible and Pretty Little Pincushions

I am hoping...

That we get some sunshine this week

I am hearing...

Traffic on the wet highway outside; the house is quiet

Around the house...

Hoping to buy a few flowers for our balcony and pot them - puttering around

One of my favorite things...

Cross stitch, which I began (again) last week

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Very busy! I had a doctor's appointment today; diabetes class tomorrow; power outage on Wednesday at our house, so we will spend the day out with our daughter and her friend; haircuts for Beth and me on Thursday; Father/Teen cookout for area youth groups on Friday evening; and I'm speaking at a ladies' tea on Saturday morning!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



To see more Simple Woman's Daybook entries, please visit The Simple Woman

7 comments:

  1. I love your blog, Susan! It's so refreshing to come read what you have written. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I add you to "blogs that I read"?? God bless you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari, thank you so much for your sweet words! I do need to come by and be added to your "allowed" friends. I keep forgetting to do that! I have so many blogs I like to read that I'm going to have to make a blog-reading schedule to keep them all straight! ;)

    Liz, you sure can add me to your blog list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I googled Pretty Little Pincushions.......what a neat looking book. So many pincushions, so little pins?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I meant to add in regards to diabetes...it is sooo hard to give up sugar...especially in us southerners who adore or sweet iced tea...but my pastors wife had this stuff called 'stevia' and just this itty bitty little drop of it in coffee tasted like 1-2 teaspoons of sugar...it doesn't taste like most artificial sweeteners do either...it tasted like sugar. She got it at a local health food store. You may already know about it, but if you don't, you might try it. I come from a family full of diabetics, large and small, so I have to watch myself...I switched from ground beef to ground turkey, but the turkey is so much cheaper here right now...Which doesn't make sense, you'd think in the midst of Texas Beef Country, beef would be more affordable....But I digress...Praying for you...God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with ya on the giving up sugar. I was at our church's monthly church ladies meeting & I succummbed to temptation. Today I will be a good girl & no sweets. Best wishes with your diabetes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mobunny, I almost put a link to the book in the post, but I didn't have a lot of time. I'll have to do that so folks won't have to scramble around to find them!

    Liz, I have indeed tried stevia. It takes some acquired taste to me, but thanks for mentioning it. Also, I use more of an exchange system in my eating plan. For example, if I want something sweet, I give up carbs somewhere else, say potatoes or bread for the meal that I'd like the dessert to be with. That way I get the overall same effects, but choosing to indulge a little in my sweet tooth every now and then. I can't do it every day, but occasionally (once a week?) is fine. It gives me a lot more freedom!

    Cheryl, don't feel too bad for indulging every now and then - just cut back in other areas when you do, then get back to your healthy eating at the next meal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin