Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Catching Up This Week

Here it is, Wednesday already! Does it ever scare you to see how fast time goes? Sometimes, if I really think about it, it boggles my mind. Well, anyway, this week is no exception.
  • Andrew is safely in SC and working with his uncle. He's learning a bit about an electrician's job, and so far he is enjoying it. He said he spent the first day feeling like the guy who had no idea what he was doing . . . because he had no idea what he was doing!
  • I had my second diabetes class yesterday. I'm learning a few things, mostly getting the motivation to take better care of myself.
  • Hopefully, I'm getting my medicine changed to one that is more "weight neutral," in the words of the diabetes nurse. I won't necessarily lose weight, but I shouldn't gain any more either. I am definitely not losing right now, so it's worth a try.
  • Samuel is having the time of his life traveling with the tour group from college. Today they are in Placerville, CA. Don't know where that is, but that's where they are. The last time I talked to him, they had stayed in this little elderly lady's house the night before. They had arrived at 6 p.m., and she was on her way to bed. She told them to make themselves at home and she'd see them in the morning! So they walked to the nearby Wal Mart and watched Toy Story standing in the electronics department. Then they went back to the lady's house and went to bed. Somehow I feel that my boy is safe! LOL
  • Wes has started using Weight Watchers' Points again. We did that together a couple of years ago, when my diabetes was in better control, and we both lost weight on it. Now, I am eating more healthy whole-grain breads, which are more points. And all those 1-point snacks? They're mostly high-glycemic carbs that turn to sugar as soon as you eat them! So he is doing this one alone, while I'm following my diabetes meal plan. And I am already getting tired of keeping track of two different ways of eating!
  • We had two ladies join our church a couple of weeks ago. I forgot about it every time I was blogging, but managed to remember this time. Praise the Lord for new members!
  • I've decided to work on Wes's eagle for 30 minutes a day this summer. This is not a new thing. Stay tuned.
  • Just when I thought spring was here, it started raining again. It's been cold and rainy all week. I think the sun is supposed to come out Saturday. Maybe.
  • I bought a rose bush at the store yesterday that was in need of rescue. I don't know how it'll do, but it was cheap enough for a try. I seem to learn gardening-type things by actually doing them. It's for sure I can't hurt it much; it's already almost dead!
  • Our refrigerator has been messed up for over a month. I thought it had something to do with the weather, as it appeared that the condensation was dripping down the inside and running out on the floor every day. I cleaned it out, adjusted the temperature several times. and finally called the landlord to ask for a repairman. We found out that this fridge has had this problem before - a blocked defrosting tube running from the freezer. The repairman fixed it in short order. Hopefully I only have one more puddle to clean up.
Well, that's all I can think of right now. There were a couple of questions in the comments on another post that I want to answer, so I'll get to those as soon as possible.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan: I read your blog regularly and love it. However, I have decided to move to an "Invited Readers Only" status. I am not sure if you stop by, but please register if you do. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all you can think of? That was some list!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan! I've been too busy to comment much, but I still check your blog several times a week. I loved listening to your son's group singing. Makes me all misty, remembering my college days! I pray for you often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are going good there...we too are getting all of this rain and wind...aaaRGH...can't believe it is June???
    I am doing points too...I find it very life friendly.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin