Thursday, May 01, 2008

Starbucks: Not Just for Normal People Anymore

Wes received a Starbucks gift card from someone a few weeks ago, and last night he took us all out to have a little treat. We don't do Starbucks too often, and one reason I never got too thrilled to go there is because there was nothing there for a diabetic except plain old coffee, with maybe a shot or two of sugar-free vanilla syrup thrown in. Eventually they added some other sugar-free syrups, such as hazelnut or cinnamon. That jazzed things up a little. But last night, I saw on the menu board a Skinny Vanilla Latte. So I asked the cashier (is the person running the register also a barista?) if I got that Skinny Vanilla Latte with sugar-free vanilla, is there any other sugar at all in the drink? She replied, "Anything labeled as 'skinny' is made with no sugar added and nonfat milk." So I said, "Let's do it!" and within minutes I had my first vanilla latte! Which leads to my other gripe with Starbucks: their coffee/espresso drinks are always so strong I feel like my head's gonna fly off after the first sip!

Anyway . . . Starbucks is catching on that diabetics like to have an overpriced caffeinated treat every now and then too! ;)

Photo courtesy of Starbucks.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Change is never easy, especially when it comes to stuff like this. And doesn't it seem like we're going through so many changes right now anyway! Glad to know it turned out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I love your blog and would like to TAG you! You're it!

    http://bloominlife.blogspot.com/2008/05/tag-youre-it.html

    1. Write your own six word memoir

    2.Post it on your blog, and include a visual illustration if you like.

    3.Link to the person who tagged you in your post

    4.Tag five more blogs with links

    5.Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs inviting them to play.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin