Friday, May 16, 2008

Some Down Time for Me

I didn't really realize it till sometime yesterday, but I am having a pretty much free day today! Wes is taking the kids to a youth revival at an area church, and they have bowling scheduled for this afternoon, then a service tonight. Well, now! I could go, I suppose, but I do need to get things ready for tomorrow's ladies' breakfast. So when I realized I'd have this afternoon and evening to myself, here's what I planned for myself.

First, I have to get our laundry all done. I don't have access to the laundry room on the weekends, per arrangement with our downstairs neighbor. So if we want to wear clean clothes this weekend, I must get the laundry done. But it's not a lot.

I have some books due at the library - how handy! - and so this afternoon, after the laundry is done and I've had some lunch, I am walking the six blocks or so to our library and staying there as long as I want to! Now how pitiful is that, that I am excited about getting to stay at the library as long as I want to?! ;) I must need a life or something. After I have all the books I want (or as many as I'm not embarrassed to carry home with me), I'll stop at the coffee shop next to the library and get myself a sugar-free mocha or something. And I'll drink it at the coffee shop while I look at my books and watch the people. I'll stop by the farm market on the way home to get the mushrooms I need for tomorrow.

I will have chicken for supper. I will make my own little piece of chicken and maybe have some rice with it, some sauteed mushrooms, a salad, and some fruit. Then I might do some sewing. I will eventually have to come down off my self-focused high to get things ready for tomorrow, and then I'll take a bubble bath and wait patiently for my family to get home.

Doesn't that sound like a fun day? See ya later!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day, Susan. Enjoy your time alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great to me! I love those kinds of days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a nice relaxing day. have fun.
    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan ~ sounds good! Sometimes I like to go to the library and stay as long as I want using their fast speed...and now PTL we have fast speed at home. I guess I'll not be as frequent a library goer! :) I hope your day was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a dream day to me~
    Enjoy!!

    God Bless
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I am sooo jealous! LOL . . . I'm swappin' kids tonight. I swapped a 13-year-old for a 3-year-old. ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful day, enjoy! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does indeed sound like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice relaxing day you have planned. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin