Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Free Stuff

Wes and I love to look at Craigslist, a kind of online classified ads, to find things we need. I especially like to look in the Free category when I'm looking for something in particular. For months now, I've been wanting some outdoor chairs for our back deck and our balcony. I would find them on sale at different stores, but I just didn't want to spend the money, so I just kept looking on Craigslist, figuring something would show up sooner or later. And yesterday it did.


I saw the ad for these chairs early in the afternoon. They were listed in my city, so I knew it wouldn't cost much in gas to go get them. I sent the owner an e-mail, and she called back a couple of hours later, offering them to me. Turns out she lives just a few blocks from me! I got a set of four: two for the balcony, which is where these are, and two for the back deck, which is too much of a mess right now for me to show you. The cushions need a good wash, but other than that they are fine. Very lightweight too. Love 'em!


One day back in March, Wes called me up to his study and told me to look at a picture on his computer. It was this chair and ottoman. For free. The lady who owned them had moved into a smaller place and didn't have room for them. She lived almost down to the US border, but for something this nice, it was worth the bit of a drive. You may not be able to tell in the picture, but it's a sage green tone-on-tone print, perfectly matching our drapes and just a few shades lighter than our dark green sofa and loveseat. I love this set too! No one can believe we got it for free!


I didn't get this family on Craigslist, though. They are the Kamps Family, who visited with us on Sunday. And they came to see us for free, even though we did give them a love offering to help them along the way! ;) Their picture was in the batch that I just downloaded, so I thought I'd share it with you too.

It's a beautiful day in Vancouver! Hope you're having a beautiful day where you are!

6 comments:

  1. oh Susan I am a Craig's list girl too...I just bought a desk with hutch for $30.00 and then we stopped at a rummage sale at a Nazarene Church and found a few CHEAP great deals...I will agree. FREE is best....
    I also sell things here and there on Craig's list...
    You sure did get some great finds...hooray for you.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Can't beat FREE!! : ) How good of the Lord to bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For free! Glad you had some fellowship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rejoicing with you over your wonderful finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deby, isn't Craiglist great! I love it. I haven't found too much to buy, and I don't find anything free on a regular basis, but it sure has come through a time or two.

    Mishel, I do feel like it's the Lord's blessing - He provides many times through people.

    Rita, we enjoyed the Kamps family so much. I wish we could have someone every week . . . mostly! ;)

    Mrs. C, I hope your move is going well. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing about Craigslist -- I need to check it out! Good finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin