Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday in Review - April 13, 2008

Here we are, between trips! We had a great time at the missions conference in Vernon, making new friends and enjoying fellowship, music, and preaching. Jess and I didn't have a whole lot of time to just sit and visit, because we were so busy with conference activities. She is one amazing lady! Her family just moved into a new house a couple of weeks ago, then friends came in for the missions conference, and then the conference itself took place. All this as a busy pastor's wife and homeschooling mom of six! She said she'd probably rest a little this week - ya think??? LOL Their church is about the same size as ours, and their people are so generous. They showered us with gifts, gave the kids some money, put us up in a hotel and fed us for two whole days, and then gave even more when we left! I was just overwhelmed with all they did for us. I know that the Lord will reward and bless them for all they did, and for their burden to reach our "Samaria" - British Columbia!

The weather for our trip was kind of ick on the way up. We had to pass over a couple of mountains, and the first one, known for its bad moods, was not thinking spring on Thursday! ;) We found snow and fog on the way up the mountain, but smooth sailing from there on out. The landscape around Vernon was very pretty (although we prefer Vancouver's scenery ourselves!), with a beautiful lake and lots of rolling hills. Our trip home was warm and sunny, even after arriving home in Vancouver - which is unusual.

We had a couple visiting at church this morning who just moved to our area a couple of weeks ago and are looking for a new church home. We sure enjoyed having them with us, and hope they'll be back again. Andrew and Beth sang a duet this morning, and did a great job.

Today was my birthday. Our church family spoiled me terribly, giving me cards and gifts. Again, I was just overwhelmed with how much people can give! Wes and the kids took me out to eat for dinner this afternoon, and Sam sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It was a good birthday, even if my husband once again has himself an older woman. Which he would never mention, of course. Right. That was his first announcement this morning! ;)

I get to see my parents this week, and my in-laws next weekend. I'm looking forward to a great week! I tried to work things out to meet any upstate SC blog-friends while I'm there, but this is such a whirlwind trip that it just won't work out this time. I'll be in touch as much as possible during our trip, and I hope all of you will have a good week!

11 comments:

  1. Wow Susan, Happy Birthday!!!! Sounds like you are very loved!

    Your trip sounds wonderful, I love mission conference. I love being with other missionaries. So glad it went well and you had nice weather for the trip home.

    Sounds like it's still just as busy so you take care of yourself and take some ME time sometimes!

    Again Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Susan! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday Susan...
    and I am so glad that you had such a safe trip and that you were blessed by the people there...that is what Christians are to do, I believe if possible....just be a blessing to others...not just in prayer but sometimes tangible ways, they are truly gifts from the Lord.
    enjoy seeing your family
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Susan! I am older than my hubby, too (by 7 months)... and he never lets me forget that I'm "one year older" when my birthday rolls around, LOL!

    Glad the conference and your birthday are going/went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan ~ I cannot believe I forgot your birthday!!!! Forgive me!!! Happy Belated Birthday to you! It sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful day. Have a great trip away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Susan! And have a GREAT trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A belated Happy Birthday! Next month, my husband will have an 'older woman' too LOL...but only for two months!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Wish you the best on this special day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin