Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sickness and a Doctor's Appointment

I'm happy to report that my "little" girl (who is much taller than me!) is looking and feeling much better! Yesterday seems to have been the low point. I almost took her to the doctor yesterday afternoon, but decided to give it one more day . . . and now she is on the mend. Thank you for praying for her.

Today was Andrew's appointment with the oral surgeon concerning his TMD. Let me just say that I was very impressed with this doctor. He took his time with us and was very thorough, and he insists on giving this some time before doing anything invasive. I was prepared to have him push us to do surgery of some sort, but his preference was to not do surgery, since Andrew is so young to be having this kind of problem. We're going to have Andrew do some jaw exercises and wear his mouth guard over the summer, then next fall we'll decide, along with the doctor, if we need to do anything more. The first step would be arthrocentesis, a procedure that will flush out the joint to relieve pain and swelling. But that is a far distant decision at this point.

So those are my medical reports for today! ;) We all seem to be well, or at least on the mend. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    I have been thinking about. It is wonderful to see you back.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for good reports. I am sure you are relieved.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin