Friday, April 18, 2008

Nothin' Could Be Finer

Here we are, in Carolina . . . visiting with my family! We had good flights on Tuesday, except for some pretty rough turbulence descending into Denver for our layover. Andrew got very (very very) air sick there, but was fine by the next day. We'll have some Dramamine before we head back! We've been in SC since Wednesday. We have had a great time with my parents, brother, and sister, and now my other brother and his family are here. We've had some late nights . . . or maybe I should say early mornings, staying up playing games and talking.

My brother has four children (and another on the way, we just found out) whom we haven't seen in almost three years. They are shy, but I think Beth is making friends with them and they're warming up to her. The baby is just too cute (of course, all my brother's children are the cutest little people in the world to me), and I hope I can get her to come sit with me sometime this evening. My little nephew, age 3, is playing with his "wizard" that Papa gave him (lizard). I am just enjoying these babies so much! Now Andrew is playing with the wizard and making a friend! ;)

One thing Beth and I are enjoying is getting to shop with my mom and sister. Wes gave us some money to buy whatever we wanted, and we've gotten some new clothes and shoes - quite spoiled, actually! It's been fun, but we are so not used to spending money! LOL Things are cheaper here than in Canada.

Tomorrow we head back to GA to visit with Wes's family. Sam arrives there tonight. This is one excited mama - all these babies, then my own chickie I'll see tomorrow. Nothin' could be finer! I hope you're all having a great week. I'll try to check in again later in the trip!

10 comments:

  1. SOunds like you're having a terrific time. I'm so glad!!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan it sounds like you are having a wonderful time...
    I am happy for you and yours.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back online again! I'm so glad I can start reading your blog again. Good to see you are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waving at you from our corner of SC!! Sounds like such a wonderful time! Hope you continue to have a great visit and a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waving from my part of SC too! You've got great weather for your visit! That's so wonderful. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your enjoying your trip, sound like a great time.

    We woke this morning to about 4 inches of snow, this is crazy B.C weather.

    Praying for you guys.

    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you are eating this up! Being with family is the greatest!

    I haven't seen you around lately, so I wanted to stop by your blog to check in on you. Glad you all are well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll be praying for a joyful time spent with family.

    Poor Andrew! I've never even been on an airplane before, but I have had a horrible time with car sickness since I was in diapers. If there are any similarities, I feel his pain.

    We will also be praying for a safe trip back to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy your having a wonderful time. May the Lord bless the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time!!!!

    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin