Thursday, April 10, 2008

Missions Conference

It's been a long time since we were one of "the missionaries" at a missions conference. Today we're headed out to Vernon, BC, about five hours northeast of Vancouver, to be with the Okanagan Valley Baptist Church during their conference. This is the church of my blog friend, Jessica, of Jessica's Place. Like our family, Jess and her husband and children have only been in Canada for a few years, building a fundamental Baptist Church in their town. Jess and I met through our blogs, then our husbands talked over the phone, her husband came down for our Men of the Word Conference a couple of weeks ago, and now we're going to their missions conference. I'm pretty excited to get to meet another online friend (I've met about four of my online friends in person, in addition to those I know "in real life"), and to spend some down time. I'm taking a couple of books with me, of course! Who can ride for five hours and not read??!! Other than those who get car sick, of course.

So I'll see you all sometime over the weekend, if for nothing more than a quick hello and goodbye again. I hope to find places along the way these next two weeks to make an occasional post and visit with all of you on your blogs. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how fun, hope they are as much of a blessing to you as you will be to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time at the conference! I came across your blog and have enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a wonderful and safe trip...and a blessed conference...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love a good missions conference. I hope you have a wonderful time and that the Lord sends you many blessings!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin