Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Home Again!

We're home! And I'm so glad! It's been a full, exciting, emotional week, and I can't wait to tell you about it . . . but I'm exhausted. I got up this morning at 3:30 Eastern Time, spent 7 hours on planes and in airports, and 4 hours driving. Lost one piece of luggage (it's on its way to Vancouver now), and didn't eat a meal till 3:00 this afternoon. It's now almost 9:30 Eastern time, and I think I'm just about ready to plop down and rest a bit. I'd go to bed, but it's only 6:30 Pacific time, so I'll wait a bit for that. Tomorrow is rest day - no alarm clocks, no school; nothing but getting settled back into home life again. I already have all the suitcases unpacked and the mail sorted (most of it was junk mail and was thrown away), checked e-mail, and now I'm ready to chill. I started a book on the plane that I'll read till around 9:00 or so, then turn in. I also still have our parents to call, since they were in church when I got home. They sorta like to know that we got home safely when we've been traveling. Strange thing, that! ;)

Thank you all so much for your prayers for a safe trip, and for all the birthday wishes! My heart was blessed as I read all your comments this afternoon. I didn't have computer access for most of the week, so I wasn't able to read them and answer till now. I hope to answer them all in time. You're all so sweet to keep us in mind. I hope to be back to blogging a bit in the next few days, but I have to get life in general re-started before I can do that. Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you had a good time and you've made it home safely. Is it possible to travel without loosing at least one suitcase??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan glad you are back to OUR time zone and yes sometimes it takes a bit to clear the head and get back to life etc....I am sure we will here wonderful things about your trip.
    You have been missed.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a good trip and that you're home safe. Don't you love the days of no alarm clocks or errands? Those days are so precious to me because they are so few! Rest and enjoy being home!

    God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're home and that you had a good time!! Looking forward to you posting again.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin