Sunday, March 02, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - March 3

For the past year or so, we've eaten our biggest meal in the middle of the day, then snacking for supper sometime during the evening. My husband still likes eating the big meal during the early afternoon, but here lately he's been pretty hungry in the evening. So I've decided to start planning what we're going to eat at night too, so that I'm sure to have something in the house to eat. It makes me uneasy when my husband is having to scrounge in the pantry for popcorn or peanut butter and crackers to eat for supper! On Saturdays, we eat like "normal" people, with a regular lunch and big supper.

Monday
B - Oatmeal, fruit
L- Hot dogs w/chili, oven fries, coleslaw
S - Leftover Chicken Noodle and Broccoli Cheese soups from Saturday night

Tuesday
B - Egg & cheese sandwiches, fruit
L- Lasagna, corn, mixed veggies, salad, rolls
S - Turkey sandwich, chips

Wednesday
B- Bacon, eggs, bagels, fruit
L- Beef patties in gravy, creamed potatoes, stir-fry veggies, ranch-style beans
S- Cream of chicken soup, grilled cheese

Thursday
B - Pancakes, peanut butter, fruit
L- Chicken & Stuffing casserole, green beans, corn, rolls
S- Tuna salad sandwiches, chips

Friday
B- Eggs, bagels, fruit
L- Homemade pepperoni pizza, salad
S- Soft Taco Bake, veggie sticks

Saturday
B- French toast, fruit
L- Mac & cheese
S- Baked salmon, rice, broccoli, corn, rolls

Sunday
B- Sausage biscuits, eggs & cheese
L- Roast beef, potatoes, carrots, biscuits
S- Burgers

For tons more meal ideas, be sure to visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie.

8 comments:

  1. You are so organized! How do I get the "organizatin" gene? Somehow I got missed!!!!! :-) Love the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant organization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that looks like a week full of yummy food. That's one thing that I'm not so good at, having a meal plan. Actually since Johnny and I are both dieting it's a little hard to always have meals because honestly the kids don't always care for the healthy (yucky in kid language) food we eat.
    Anyhow, I need some kind of plan anyhoo, thanks for the motivation!!

    Oh yea in Croatia we always eat our big meal at lunch too. I like it that way. Then we usually snack at night or eat leftovers.

    Happy cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like to cook that much. lol but it all looks real good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is how we eat in South America, the big meal at noon. I have a hard time sleeping if I eat a heavy meal in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Susan, first thanks for visiting and commenting on Sydney’s blog. You made her week!

    What are beef patties? Is it like Salisbury steak? Sounds like something Scott would like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someday I hope I will start planning out my menus. Right now, it's whatever I feel like cooking and sometimes it's rather stressful trying to figure this out at the last minute. I homeschool, too, so being organized is vital. I've really done well in all the other areas, but now I want to start planning my menus. Thank you for the ideas!

    God bless you ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've been eating our heaviest meals during the day too and I like it! But we run into the same problem of being hungrier in the evenings. Usually we do whatever we would normally do for lunch if we get hungry. Or I have leftovers in the fridge to choose from.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin