Sunday, March 23, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - March 24


We had a ham for our Easter dinner today, and I am so pleased with how much I had left over! LOL I have enough meat for five meals left, including the bone for a pot of beans. It's all separated into freezer bags and probably frozen solid by now. My husband has already put in a request for grilled ham and cheese for supper tomorrow night! ;) Here's what we're having the rest of the week:

Monday
B - Oatmeal, fruit, milk
L - Chicken Potpie w/peas, carrots, and corn, salad, rolls
S - Grilled ham & cheese sandwiches, chips, veggie sticks, fruit

Tuesday
B - Egg & cheese bagels, fruit, milk
L - Scalloped Potatoes & Ham, stir-fry veggies, ranch-style beans
S - Leftover potpie

Wednesday
B - Bacon, eggs, toast
L - Salmon patties, creamed potatoes, broccoli
S - Roast beef sandwiches, chips, salad, fruit

Thursday
B - Pancakes, bacon, fruit
L - Leftover potatoes and ham
S - Parmesan Chicken, cheesy rice, peas, salad, rolls (the guest speakers for our men's conference are coming in on Thursday afternoon, so we'll have our big meal in the evening with them)

Friday
B - Oatmeal, fruit, milk
L - Homemade pepperoni pizza, salad
S - Chicken Caesar salad, made with leftover parm. chicken

Saturday
B - Bacon, eggs, toast
L - Roast beef sandwiches, chips, veggies
S - Enchilada Stuffed Shells, corn, green beans, salad

Sunday
B - Sausage, eggs, biscuits
L - Roast beef & gravy, potatoes, carrots, biscuits
S - Burgers, salad, chips

For our Friday pizzas, I tried something different for myself this week. We were having Italian sausage pizza, and I had just bought some onions, peppers, and mushrooms, none of which my family likes on their pizza. So I took a pinch of the dough and made my own small pizza, about 8" round, and put all that stuff on there that I like. It was delicious! And no stray veggies wandered over into the family's pizza! ;) The thinner crust was better for me too.

I made the Lemon Coconut Cake yesterday for our dessert for today. Everything about it was homemade, till I got to the icing and realized I didn't have enough powdered sugar! I hate it when that happens! Well, by that time it was Saturday evening, and I refuse to go out for one little ingredient on Saturday night, so I dug out a can of frosting I had in the pantry. It turned out pretty good, even with the canned frosting. I ate only one roll and no other carbs at dinner, so that I could have a piece of cake, but it still made my sugar go too high, so tonight I behaved myself with a salad, some yogurt, and an apple for my supper! ;) Wes liked the lemon filling, although it wasn't quite tart enough for him, and said that the coconut sprinkled on top was just enough. We also had the Creamy White Chili this week . . . and I loved it! Wes liked it, but thought my previous recipe was better. I loved the creaminess that the sour cream gave it, which also gave just a bit of a tang to offset the spices. Very good!

Ok, this has gotten way long, so I'll just tell you to hop over to Laura's I'm an Organizing Junkie to see more meal plan ideas than you can shake a stick at! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, looks like another delicious week. I keep meaning to make one of these lists but well...

    Thanks for the link, I'm heading over to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds yummy! I enjoy Taste of Home recipes too. I may put your stuffed shells on next week's menu. Do you make your scalloped taters from scratch? I use boxed ones but would love to get away from the yucky stuff in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely week of delicious meals!
    We have made the parmesan chicken, too, and like it a lot!

    I hope you enjoy your week.
    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really big ham!

    The menu looks good too.
    :)

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin