Sunday, March 16, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - March 17


Monday again! Time to plan another week of meals. I did my planning differently last week. I was getting ready to do my monthly shopping, and needed to print a calendar to write my meals on. My husband was printing a large amount of stuff for the church at that moment, so I decided to take down my wall calendar and just write in dinner for each day on that. Now I have my menu hanging on my wall, with all the birthdays, appointments, and activities coming up along with it. I don't know why I was making a separate calendar for a menu, but I like looking up and seeing what's for dinner without having to hunt down another calendar! Here's what we're having this week:

Monday
B - Oatmeal, fruit, milk
L - Beef Potpie, mixed veggies, salad
S - Leftover salmon or chicken, salad

Tuesday
B - Egg and cheese sandwich, fruit, milk
L - Hot dogs w/homemade chili, oven fries, coleslaw, baked beans
S - Leftover Potpie, salad, fruit

Wednesday
B - Bacon, eggs, bagel, fruit
L - Chicken enchiladas, refried beans, rice, salad
S - Roast beef sandwich, chips, veggie sticks, fruit

Thursday
B - Pancakes, bacon, fruit
L - Creamy White Chili, veggie sticks, cornbread
S - Leftover enchiladas, salad, yogurt & fruit

Friday
B - Oatmeal, fruit
L - Homemade pizza - Italian sausage - salad
S - Date night - kids at youth activity

Saturday
B - French toast, bacon, fruit
L - Tuna salad, crackers, veggie sticks
S - Burritos, salad, ranch-style beans, yogurt

Sunday
B - Biscuits, eggs & cheese, sausage
L - Ham, potatoes, green beans, corn, rolls, Lemon Coconut Cake
S - Burgers, leftover pizza

For tons more meal-planning inspiration, please visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie!

10 comments:

  1. Your menu looks absolutely delicious...and wow! I'm impressed with your breakfasts and lunches too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, another great week of meals. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You eat healthier than I!

    PS - you've been tagged

    ReplyDelete
  4. Menu sounds Yummy! Burgers for Easter...I love it! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meals look wonderful. I think I may have to try your creamy white chili.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of yummies!
    Great idea to write them on your calendar.

    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your menu looks great and thanks for the link to the cake recipe. That looks yummy!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your comments, ladies! I had to giggle over burgers for Easter; that's for after church on Sunday night. Someday I just might have burgers for a holiday meal.

    The white chili recipe is a first-try for me. I had another recipe that I didn't like very much, but my husband loves it. I'm hoping this one will suit us both.

    I've never tried the cake, either, but Wes loves lemon filling in a cake, and I love coconut cake. Although I really shouldn't be eating cake . . . can I cheat a little on a holiday?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I would put my mind to making a weekly menu like this. It sure would make my life much easier. And Lisa is right: burgers on Easter is awesome! That's my idea of a proper Easter meal. My pastor's wife makes a white chilli that is out-of-sight. Hope yours is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth, my weekly menu is my brain! LOL I can't shop or cook without it. Our white chili turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin