Sunday, March 09, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - March 10


I'm home, and ready to start a new week! This week, I'm going to try to follow my new meal plan that my doctor suggested. The way I cook for my family basically will stay the same, but I'll make sure I fix the things I need too. You'll notice lots of milk and yogurt, and lots of non-starchy veggies; those two types of food are a major change for me. Right now, salads and veggie sticks (carrot, celery, etc) seem to be the easiest way to get those veggies in. Milk and yogurt? I do like to drink milk, and I like the yogurt with fresh or frozen berries of any kind. And I can eat almost unlimited dark berries!

Monday
B - Oatmeal w/brown sugar blend (Splenda) and walnuts, orange, milk
L - Burgers, fries, stir-fry veggies, coleslaw, berries and yogurt
S - Roast beef sandwich, chips, carrot sticks, pear, milk

Tuesday
B - Egg & cheese sandwich, orange, milk
L - Taco Bake, corn, green beans, salad, rolls, berries
S - Tuna salad, carrots, crackers, yogurt, apple

Wednesday
B - Bagels & cheese, grapefruit, milk
L - Out for lunch - shopping trip
S - Chicken strips, coleslaw, berries & yogurt

Thursday
B - Pancakes, bacon, orange, milk
L - Chili w/cheese, veggie sticks, crackers, berries
S - Leftover Taco Bake, salad, yogurt, pear

Friday
B - Eggs, bagel, grapefruit, milk
L - Homemade Italian sausage pizza, salad, pears
S - Leftover chili, crackers, fruit, yogurt

Saturday
B - Bacon, eggs, biscuits, berries, milk
L - Roast beef sandwich, chips, veggie sticks, apple
S - Salmon patties, potatoes, green beans, coleslaw, fruit

Sunday
B - Sausage, eggs, biscuits, oranges, milk
L - Parmesan Chicken, creamed potatoes, peas, salad, apple crisp
S - Cheeseburgers, leftover pizza, veggie sticks, fruit, yogurt

For lots more meal-planning inspiration, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie.

7 comments:

  1. Hmm, that looks like a great menu plan. I'm going to start making our menus at the beginning of the week or actually the week before, so I'll be checking out your past menus for ideas. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so impressive to plan all three meals of the day. I only manage to do dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you also plan all three meals... I function better with everything planned out! Looks great too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met your mother-in-law last night and got to hear your family sing on their DVD. Your dear father-in-law sure has a heart for his people. It just warms my heart to see older men get emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some terrific recipe picks for this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin