Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Looks Like We're Taking a Trip

Jumbo Jet Above Clouds at 35,000 Feet by Peter Walton
Jumbo Jet Above Clouds at 35,000 Feet


You might remember that Wes's parents, who are missionaries to Jamaica, came to visit us last spring at the beginning of their one-year furlough. Well, that one year has flown by, and now they are preparing to return to Jamaica for another term. Their sending church, Old Suwanee Baptist Church in Georgia, is having a special service honoring them on April 20th, and all their other children and grandchildren are planning to attend. Mom and Dad called and asked if we could come. At first we said no, because there just wasn't that kind of money in the budget. Actually, there was no money in the budget! LOL Well, apparently the Lord decided we need to be there, because some unexpected money came in, and it was just enough to make the trip. So we bought the tickets.

We'll be taking eight days in the middle of April to fly to the southeast to see our loved ones. We'll not only have the entire Hutchens clan together - a previously impossible feat - but we'll also get to see my parents and three of my siblings. And one little niece whom we've never met. Make that two nieces: Wes's baby sister just had her first baby in December. Lots of visitin' goin' on, lots of babies to kiss, lots of munchkins to get to know, lots of brother/sister goofing around, lots of sister/sister-in-law chit-chat, and lots of tears when we have to leave again, all too soon.

We're hoping to get together with our oldest and dearest friends, Bill and Deborah, and their children while we're out there too. Just for a lunch, but it'll at least be sitting down together and fellowshipping for a bit. It's been too long, y'all . . . too long!

And one more thing, close to this Mama's heart: Sam is coming. We were able to get permission for him to come, just for the special Sunday service, but I'll have all of my own chickies together for a day, too! I'm liable to just burst wide open with all the goodness going on that week! ;) I think my in-laws will be pleased, too, to have all of their children and grandchildren around them, even for just a day. We were able to do that in my family two years ago, and my dad was moved to tears every time he tried to talk about it. It doesn't happen often, so when it does, it's cause to celebrate!

18 comments:

  1. Susan: That is wonderful news! What a blessings! Our God is so good!

    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - that is so incredible! I hope you enjoy your trip to this part of the country. I'm a bit jealous that you get to meet with your friends - they've been to our church a few times in the past few months but not that recently. They're always a blessing!

    Anyway - thanks for sharing. I can't wait to read how your trip goes. You must be so so so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful and a great blessing..Enjoy your trip and will be praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, congratulations! What a wonderful blessing. I agree with you that having all the children and grandchildren together is cause to celebrate. It's a difficult thing to arrange in our family as well. I'm glad for your in-laws. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Susan, that is so wonderful!!! I am so glad the Lord is working out all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so excited for you Susan. How nice to get to be there on their special day.
    Hope you have a blessed time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan ~ I'm so glad you're getting to go! It sounds exciting! Plus, getting to be there with ALL your family. Altho... I was hoping that the next time you hopped a plane it would be to Virginia! LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great for all of you, especially your in-laws! You actually won't be that far away from me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun, and what a blessing that the Lord provided the funds for this trip! And, how much more exciting that your entire family will be together for this special occasion! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wonderful news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a blessing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ho I'm so happy for you! I hope you all have a really blessed time together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a blessing!!! I am so happy for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful.....and it is so cool to see how the Lord provided.
    I am sure that you will have such a great time...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can feel your happiness through this blog! I'm so happy Sam gets to join y'all. It will be a very special day for some very special people!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Susan, maybe we will come to the service. I think it's only about an hour away from Covington. At Christmas the Georgia Youth Fellowship had their winter retreat there. My dh and dd went. We are here http://canaanbaptist.org/ I wonder if our church supports the folks. I'll have to check. It would be so fun to meet y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a wonderful opportunity for the entire family to get together...it has been many years since we have all been together...there is always one missing...the last time everyone got together I was the one missing...so they all took pictures and tried to insert me into one of them...it didn't quite work ... the the thought was what counted...
    I am real happy for you...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin