Thursday, March 06, 2008

I'll Be Away

I'm going to be away for a few days. I get to go to a ladies' conference a couple of hours away tomorrow. I'm going with a group of ladies from another church in our area, and we'll be gone all day Friday and most of the day Saturday. I'll also get to see a very dear friend who will be attending the same conference; we're even staying in the same hotel! The last time we were together overnight, she and I stayed awake till 4 a.m. talking. I don't think that will happen this time, although Wes isn't convinced of it! LOL

It's been years since I went to a retreat like this. I have mixed feelings. I love to go to these things, but I'm finding that I don't like to be away from home very much anymore. I'm sure that once I'm there I'll love it and have a great time. That's just how I am!

Beth is on kitchen and laundry duty while I'm gone. She's a huge help to me. She also tends to spoil her dad with baked goodies when I'm gone. That's a huge help to him too! ;)

Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time....
    You have done a good job, training Beth so well.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like that -- a homebody at heart and more so as I get older, but I do enjoy events once I am there. Hope you have a great time!

    Thanks for your birthday wishes to my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! I just came back from a ladies conference from last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time Susan. I'm like you, I usually dread those kinda meetings and then am so blessed and filled by the time it's over.

    Have fun and why not stay up till 4? °Ü°

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. :) I hope you enjoy the ladies' conference. I'm taking the ladies from our church to one tomorrow. Conferences are tiring, but rewarding, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have lots of fun! I'm the same way, I enjoy being home and always feel a bit sad if I'm away. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a good time. And that you get blessed by being there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your time away!!!

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful time. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying the Lord blesses your time there.
    I can relate to the mixed emotions. I have a difficult time being away from home, too. But what a blessing to have our hearts focused on home. ;o)

    Enjoy your weekend.
    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, guess who's going to be at our church preaching tomorrow night?!?!!? Our missionary to Jamaica ~ Wesley Hutchinson! I have a Weight Watcher's staff meeting tomorrow afternoon and am praying it gets done early so I can be back in time for church. Neat, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes for the weekend! I had a great time, and I'll be telling you about the conference as a whole, and then some of the sessions that spoke to my heart the most, as we go through the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin