Sunday, February 24, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - February 25, 2008

I've decided to join in on Menu Plan Monday again. You'll notice this week that we're having chicken several times. That's because I have a lot of chicken in my freezer! We joined Costco last month, and one of the specials while we were there comparing prices one day was a bag with two whole chickens for $9.99 - buy onebag, get one free. That was 4 chickens for $9.99! In a place where I pay $8.00 for 1 chicken, that was a deal, so I snapped it up. So this month I had 4 chickens in my freezer to use, and I didn't see the need to buy and fix a lot of other meats when I had so much chicken. One chicken will give me at least 2 meals, sometimes 3; hence a lot of chicken meals this month.

Monday - Cheeseburger Buns, oven fries, baked beans, salad
Tuesday - Chicken and Dumplings, salad
Wednesday - Enchilada Stuffed Shells, mixed veggies, corn
Thursday - Roast Chicken, cornbread dressing, potatoes, broccoli, rolls
Friday - Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza, veggies & dip
Saturday - Homemade Soups - Chicken Noodle and Broccoli Cheese, salad, bread
Sunday - Chicken Casserole, corn, green beans, rolls

For more meal ideas, drop by I'm An Organizing Junkie.

And for you men (you know who you are!) who like to tease me about what we're eating during the week - talk to the hand! ;)

5 comments:

  1. I think your menu looks tasty! I wish I could find chickens that cheap here *L* I bookmarked the enchilada shells for later. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cheeseburger buns look fascinating! I think we'll be trying them. Thanks for linking to the recipe. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me. I'm going to check out those cheeseburger buns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sad and I miss my Costco membership. We decided not to renew because after two years we realized we were just buying so much stuff we didn't need...

    Those enchilada shells look awesome! I will have 1/2 a package of shells left over after this week so that will be a great use for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I wish we had a Costco. As a country girl, I was thinking we were getting upscale when a Walmart Supercenter was built in the nearest slightly urbanized area...a 25-mile drive. Chicken would be okay with me; it's my favorite meat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin