Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Call

Sometimes you just know when a call means something's up. Last night, while I was mixing up my pound cake, Wes called down the stairs that my sister Robyn was on the phone. Robyn? When I picked up the phone, she said, "You know when I'm calling either something's wrong or I'm going to have another baby!" (She has 7 children - "the call" is kind of a joke to us) I said, "I hope you're having a baby." But she isn't.

Robyn was calling to tell me that our mom was spending the night in the hospital. She had a really bad asthma attack yesterday, and had to go into the emergency room. Once she got some strong medicine and some oxygen, she was better, and the overnight stay was just a precaution.

Please pray for our mom today. I haven't called out yet, because they are 3 hours ahead of us. They're in church when we're home, and vice-versa. I know my dad and brother and sister are at church, so I'll call tonight after we get home, around 7:00 our time. They'll be home, but probably not in bed yet.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan
    I am add her to my prayer list. It is good to see you back. I have missed you.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know "those calls" can stop you in your tracks some times. I am glad she is doing better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin