Saturday, January 05, 2008

Some Good Music - Guaranteed!

I just received an e-mail from my bestest friend, Deborah (who is having a birthday on Monday!), announcing a new CD by a family that Wes and I have known since we were in high school, The Raynes Family. Actually, the CD is made by the teen and adult children of the guy we went to high school with! Boy, does that make me feel old! These young people's aunt was in Wes's and my graduating class. The entire family are members of Pleasant View Baptist Church in Taylors, SC, where my parents attend church (my dad is director of their Hispanic mission). Also, Deborah's brother-in-law is their pastor. So lots of the family & friends thing going on! ;) Meaning mostly that I know the background of this family, and know that they genuinely serve the Lord and seek to honor Him with their music.

On to the music . . . this is instrumental music featuring violin, cello, piano, and bass, played by Stacy, Natalie, and Adam Raynes, joined on one song by their sister Emily (violin) and their cousin Caitlan (viola). Natalie arranged each composition. Each of the performers has been playing music all their lives (not a surprise - their dad is a very talented musician himself). I listened to a couple of clips; you won't be disappointed in this music! So if you're looking for some good music and want to know that your money is going to a godly family - here it is!

5 comments:

  1. I listened to a sample and they are very good. I'm going to have to order one of their cds. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am listening now & they are very good. It is kinda relaxing now (the music) so I am about to fall asleep. Good relaxing stuff to play at bedtime... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good music is hard to come by these days, isn't it?! We will have to take a look around their site; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always on the look-out for good music, and after listening to the samples, this is right up our alley (especially Zach). So I ordered two copies! : ) Thanks for sharing this--I can't wait to hear the whole CD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are gonna sell more cd's for them lol. I've been listening to songs off it off of their site & it's pretty good. It sounds alot like the cd's of hymns played on mountain dulcimer & hamnmered dulcimer I have except no dulcimer in them. I told my hubby I might want their cd so he said he may get it for me for Valentines day. The kind of gospel music I tend to like is the southern gospel, bluegrass gospel & black gospel. I'm surprised I like something this mellow... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin