Saturday, January 26, 2008

Snowy Saturday

The weatherman has been predicting snow for today all week. It finally started about an hour ago, and the ground is covered now. I love to watch it fall, and I hope we get more than just the little bits and pieces we've gotten so far this winter. And we may. The next four days have some chance of snow in them!

Several weeks ago, I reserved the movie Miss Potter at the library, and I was finally able to get it this week. I'm always a little bit unsure of watching new movies, because no matter how well they're rated, you never know what might be slipped in there. Well. I was very pleasantly surprised by Miss Potter! Beth and I watched it this afternoon, and we loved it. I was captivated from the first scene. I smiled throughout the movie . . . except when I was crying. The scenery and acting are excellent. And not one thing offensive in it at all. I think this is one I might buy to keep for our family. If you haven't seen it yet, you have a treat waiting!

Just one more week till our Anniversary Sunday and Anniversary Revival! We're getting excited. Our church members are inviting their friends and family to come, and Wes and I are inviting our friends too. Andrew and Beth will be attending Greater Vancouver Baptist Church's annual youth conference on Friday and Saturday, while Wes and I pick up Bro. and Mrs. LaBouve and get them settled in the for the weekend. I love exciting, busy times, but I know that when it's all said and done . . . I'll be ready for some quiet time again! Aren't you glad life isn't always the same?!

I have a few more authors to add to my list, and I'm thinking about putting it in my sidebar for easy reference. Please keep sending your suggestions! I found that I can get what seems to be all of Grace Livingston Hill's books through my library's interlibrary loan service, so guess what I'll be reading throughout the year?! Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. It's a rare thing for me to get to watch snow fall but whenever I do I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not often I find another independent, fundamental, KVJ Bible person. :o)

    I've been wanting to see Miss Potter, but my video store doesn't have it. :o( I may just have to buy it.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you were raised in the South as I was and snow is very rare there. We get quite a bit of it here in WV. I love it every time because it gives me an excuse to be lazy. I don't get to do that very often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live below you and our forcast is the same! I hope there is snow. I love it.
    I to watched Miss Potter. I loved it. It is one I'd like to own. I could watch it again and again.

    I have been enjoying your blog very much. Thank you for taking the time to invest so that women, such as myself, can read and be encouraged.

    momtogirls5

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've purchased Miss Potter but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm so thankful for your review, now I simply must make time to watch it, soon! (o:

    As for books I love, Keepers of the Faith.com has some of my very favorite books. (o:

    Blessings,
    ~Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops my fingers didn't work right, I meant I love KOF books and they have become some of my very favorite books. (o:

    Blessings,
    ~Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter and I watched that film together at her place and we loved it too! Of course, we already loved her books!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin