Friday, December 07, 2007

A Quarter of a Century

Today is/was my brother's 25th birthday. I'm proud of this "boy" - he was born when I was 17, during my senior year in high school. He was the baby brother I had always wanted! I sobbed and sobbed when my dad called the school office to tell me it was a boy, and Robyn, my sister who was in 8th grade at the time, sobbed and sobbed because he was a boy! LOL We were a mess! Robyn got over her sadness that Jason was a boy, I think, as we began to experiment on him. He gagged on water, so that was one of our favorite pastimes - giving him a bottle with water in it. Wonderful big sisters, we were! I married when Jason was almost two years old, so I didn't get to spend time with him during his growing-up years. Now, as adults, we are becoming ever better friends as the years go by.

And now he has grown into a handsome, responsible young man. He is married to a beautiful young woman (inside and out), and they have four of the most beautiful children I have ever seen. And I am not biased one bit, either. You can see them all below, and see that I'm telling the truth! ;) Jason is also the new pastor of Glory Baptist Church in Union, SC. Here's a picture of him and his family that my mom shared with me Wednesday night. I only wish the little guy was facing the camera; must have been a horse or something behind them. Happy Birthday, Jason! I love you and am so proud of you and Deanna!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family! How fortunate he is to have YOU as his "big" sister :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara H.6:45 AM

    I have a bloggy award for you today. :-)

    Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat tribute to your brother and his family...love Christan families...
    a great testimony..he indeed is blessed to have you and yours as well.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:01 PM

    Hi! I'm one of your "lurkers", but decided to finally comment. :) I'm good friends with Dorothy--Deanna's sister. I actually discovered your blog one time after "googel-ing" Savannah's name. (Dorothy and Titus' baby that died) It came up with your site and I've been visiting ever since. :) I love it when you post pictures of Jason and Deanna's kids--I have a niece of my own, so it's fun for me to get to see Dorothy's nieces and nephew. :) (They are adorable kids!) So thanks for posting all of the cute pictures and everything else. :) (I'm a Baptist PK as well. :)) I enjoy reading your blog!

    Morgan
    morgandenise.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your sweet wishes for my brother's birthday! Deanna, my sister-in-law, said she'd make him read my post, so maybe he'll actually see all your comments.

    Morgan, I'm so glad you came out of "lurkdom" and commented. I think I have met Dorothy when we were at Jason and Deanna's once. I've always enjoyed meeting members of Deanna's family - great people! Thank you so much for reading my blog through all my rambling - you must be a very patient person! ;) I'll be coming by to see your site too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin