Sunday, December 09, 2007

Found That Award!

Michelle sweetly e-mailed me today to let me know she was not offended by my total lack of consideration in not getting by her blog sooner. You have been very patient, my friend! I'm pleased that you would choose my blog for this award, as my only purpose seems to be to tell you about all the crazy things we do! Now I will do my best to participate in the bloggy kudos.

1. Awarded parties must nominate 5 people who have not received the award.

2. The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.

3. In their post about this award they need to link back to this entry.

4. Awarded parties must display the award banner on their site. The banner must remain linked to Eric's site.

So now I need to choose five bloggers to award. This is hard! I read so many good bloggers. My intention is absolutely not to snub those whom I don't mention, but to give you some food for thought among those I read:

1) Copper's Wife - her purpose is to teach the younger women to be caretakers of their families. Just chock full of excellent advice and practical helps.

2) The Maxwell Family Blog - this family has the Christ-centered purpose of helping to teach families how to follow the Lord in every area of their lives. I've enjoyed their ministry for quite some years, and now enjoy following their blog.

3) An Help Meet for Him - this lady's blog focuses on helping wives make their husbands their priority in life. I have been married 23 years, but this blog has been instrumental in helping me refresh my mind about biblical marriage.

4) HS Kubes' Haven at Home - one of the best homeschooling blogs out there, in my opinion! Frequent updates on everything the children are doing and learning, as well as helpful entries about the importance of our roles as mothers and teachers.

5) 4 Reluctant Entertainers - this blog focuses on entertaining - but we're not talking the "climbing the social ladder" kind of entertaining here. This lady encourages her readers to be themselves and open their hearts and homes to those around them, without agonizing over whether they have matching plates or cook gourmet meals - just be yourself. Very good stuff here!

Thank you again, Michelle!

7 comments:

  1. Susan-

    I don't remember how I found this blog, but I remember you. You and your family came to a church we were at in Washington when you were still on deputation. I am so excited to have found you. The links you have are great and I love reading your posts.

    Blessings-

    Shari Funkhouser
    Florence, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyllis7:10 PM

    Hi Susan,
    Great to hear from you so far away. God bless you and your family as you serve the Lord in Canada.
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Shari! I'm glad to "meet" you again. We only went to a couple of churches in WA, so that narrows it down quite a bit as to which one you were in at the time! ;)

    Phyllis - again, it's so nice to meet up with you after all these years. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read these blogs you mentioned, although I am very familiar with Christina's.

    Congrats to you too, for receiving this award.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on all those great awards! You deserve them :~)

    P.S. I tagged you for a meme... I know you're busy, but maybe if you're in the mood for a light post, you'll participate :)

    P.P.S. Our former pastor's oldest daughter is currently attending WCBC (I believe she's a junior) She is heading back to Japan to visit her family (we're formerly from this church in case you're wondering) how weird would it be if she and your son have met?! I'll have to write her and ask :) I'll let you know if I find out anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the links. I am interested in checking out the helpmeet blog. just today I have been reading about making your home a haven for your husband! Thanks Susan! Its 80 degrees here in NC, all time record breaking! Can you believe it? If you don't like the weather here, just stand still a few minutes and it will change!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan ~ My computer time has been scarce lately and as I was going through my bloglines, I saw this!
    Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing this with me. Your encouragement is such a blessing!

    By the way, I was thinking of you the other day when I was writing in my thankfulness journal. Thank you for sharing that idea. I have really enjoyed doing this!

    Hope you have a blessed Christmas!
    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin