Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chuggin' Along

Hi again! We're still just chuggin' along up here. The past two days have been a bit down for me. The accident caught up with me Monday afternoon. I began to ache and get stiff in my neck, shoulders, and lower back. I was leaning over to get something out of my purse when the guy hit us, so my neck and back didn't have the protection of the head rest and seat behind me. I was hurting quite a lot by Monday night, and it continued all day yesterday. I took some Advil before bed each night, but I don't like to take much of that because of stomach problems in the past. This morning I woke up feeling much better, pretty much myself again. There are still twinges of pain occasionally, but not the constant pain of Monday and Tuesday. I'm so happy! I was so afraid I'd be hurting for weeks. Wes has a bit of stiffness in his neck, because he is so tall that his head rest doesn't go high enough to protect his head in a collision, so his head snapped backwards too. The kids were sitting up in their seats, buckled in, so they are fine - no aches, pains, or stiffness. And they are young - much, much younger than I have felt the past two days! ;)

We have taken the car to a repair shop to get a cost estimate. They didn't tell us how much - they'll submit that amount to our insurance company - but the repair technician did say there was a lot of damage. It's going to cost a pretty penny to get it all fixed. There are even little niggling things wrong, like the front panel lights inside the car don't work. Thankfully, we have full coverage and shouldn't have to pay anything other than a dedictible. It's scheduled to go in the shop on January 2nd, so we're driving around a mangled car till then. They did rig up some tail lights for us, so we have running lights to drive in the dark. Otherwise we'd be stuck at home, because it's dark here by 4:30 this time of year.

We also saw the claims adjustor yesterday. He took down Wes's statement, noted my painful neck and back (I have 30 days to file a medical claim, if it's needed), had us sign on the dotted line, and said, "We'll be in touch." Just the standard stuff: hurry up and wait. I was a bit tense riding around. Traffic is heavy, so there were lots of cars and everyone wanting to get where they were going without much thought of others on the road. So I spent most of the time in the car white-knuckling the arm rest on my door! LOL Hopefully that will pass.

We also decided to finish our Christmas shopping while we were out yesterday. I'll get some stocking stuffers tomorrow while I'm out for groceries, and then I'll be done. I'm ready to just sit back and enjoy Christmas now. I think. I just thought of some baking I should do. I need to make a list and get on that.

Samuel is happily working himself silly. He's working a mandatory 48 hours this week, and he's hoping to work ten more hours on Saturday. I hope he can do that. I want to see him make as much money as possible before going back to school in January to make it easier for him this semester. We're still praying he gets a good job when he goes back. He also found out that he made the cut for summer tour groups for the college! Tour groups are small groups of 4-6 students and an adult chaperone who visit churches all across the US and Canada, singing, preaching, and promoting the college. Going on tour will give him two credit hours, plus he will get a personal allowance each week and part of his tuition paid for the fall and spring semesters next year. He's very excited to get to go on tour next summer. I am very excited for him, but it means we won't have him home at all. They hit the road the day of graduation and stay gone for 11-14 weeks. We might be able to squeeze in a week at home at the end of the summer; we'll see. And dependnig on where his group tours, he might visit some of your churches this summer!

That's it for now!

10 comments:

  1. Susan ~ I am so glad for your Samuel that he'll be touring this summer ~ what a wonderful experience! (Not to mention the credit hours and tuition moola!) I know you must be thrilled to have your boy "home" - even if he's not *exactly* home.

    I was sorry to hear about your car accident but so glad to hear that no one was badly hurt. It's always thrilling to know of God's amazing protection. Does the insurance of the person that hit you not have to pay for your car repairs? Is that different in Canada, too (along with the police not coming)?

    Hope your able to stay cozy and snug and enjoy the peacefulness of these days before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's good news for Sam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your song will have an interestging summer. Prayers jsut said for you & hope you are feelling better God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, should be Son, interesting & just. Sorry about that typos...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that Samuel will be on one of the tour groups! I'm sure he'll need extra prayer when he's on the road all summer.

    You take it easy! Can you go to a chiropractor? It's worth a shot if your insurance will cover it. My mom was is a head-on collision 6months ago, and she still has those days when she aches and feels stiff. I hope you continue to feel better. ;)

    Blessings,
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are feeling better, Susan...and Samuel's news is wonderful....what a blessing...
    Praying for ALL of the details of your car situation...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan - so glad your feeling better. That's great news for Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan I'm so excited for your son! This is wonderful! He is going to have an amazing experience.

    I'm glad you're feeling better! Some crazy drivers at this time of year that's for SURE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read about your wreck. I'm so glad no one was too seriously injured and I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  10. (((Susan))) hoping you are feeling much better by now. I don't know how you feel about going to a chiropractor, but I know that I would be headed to one as fast as I could after an accident such as yours!

    That's great news about Sam! Glad he's getting in the hours and it is so neat that he got accepted for a tour group!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin