Saturday, November 03, 2007

Saturday

Well, the bottom dropped out of the sky today, giving us a gloomy, dark, rainy day. It was a little hard to keep cheerful, honestly! I try not to let the weather affect me, especially in the fall and winter when it rains so much here, but today was just blech. So I cleaned my fridge.

For a few weeks, Wes and I have noticed that our ice smelled a little funny, and the fridge, though I was keeping it basically clean, smelled a little funny too. So today I just planted my feet in the kitchen and cleaned that baby out. There was nothing too gross in there, although the veggie bin could have been a little better. I don't keep up with my fresh veggies very well, I'm afraid. So I got all that stuff out, and was just going to wash the drawers, when I decided why not just go ahead and clean the whole thing? So I did. And now the shiny, bright white cleanliness just about blinds you when you open the door! ;) I wiped everything down, took out the shelves, rearranged all the bottles of stuff in the door, and put in little bowls of baking soda to help control that fridgey smell. Done.

Are you all receiving my e-mail replies to your comments? I was having a horrible time keeping up with them here on the actual blog page, so I decided to try answering them via e-mail. I can look in my in-box and see that I've replied to each comment, and it's so much easier. I hope to keep up with you better that way. If you ask a question that might be interesting to everyone in general, I'll try to answer it in a post out here. Julieann asked me to post my monthly grocery list, so I will try to do that on Monday.

I forgot to let you know the results of my little no-artificial-sweetener week. Let me tell you, it was not fun! I missed my iced tea! So I went back to using artificial sweeteners the next week, and do you know that my knees are killing me now? I'm going to have to try it again and see if they stop hurting, because as I think back, I don't remember them hurting this much during that week. I also drank tons more water that week, which is a good thing. As an aside, I've found it much easier to drink all my water by doing two things: (1) drink it from a tall ice-cream-soda glass with (2) a straw! I know, I'm ditzy, but it works. My soda glass holds 20 oz. of water, which is 2 1/2 glasses of water out of the 8 you should drink. So drinking that whole glass gets me a third of my water at once. And using a straw helps me gulp it right down. Beth agrees with me on this. I can sit and mindlessly slurp down any amount of liquid through a straw, but glugging it down straight from the glass makes me feel choked with it, especially if it's water (you'll remember that I don't like water!). So. Now I drink it with a straw and hardly notice I'm doing it.

Guess what? I was zinging right along with my 30-minutes-a-day on my eagle cross stitch. Since I told you about it . . . I haven't stitched again! I so knew that would happen! LOL Since we have an extra hour tonight, I might pull the lamp over a little closer and try to work a little on it after I finish this post. The lighting in our living room is not good horrible, and with the short days and rain, I have to do things that take a lot of light during the day. If I move the lamp over to right beside me, though, I can lean over toward it for 30 minutes to put in a few stitches. I'm getting excited, seeing it almost done, so hopefully that will spur me on to finish it quickly.

Well, my husband has already commented on my writing another blog epistle, so I shall close this one and move on to other things. I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend, and enjoy that "extra" hour they give us back. If I had my way about it, we wouldn't mess with the time to start with, but that's another blog post for another day!

10 comments:

  1. Send some rain our way, OK??

    Glad you got your fridge cleaned. I do love a clean fride...I do not love cleaning a fridge. LOL

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. "but today was just blech. So I cleaned my fridge."

    LOL!!! That cracked me up! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband drinks a lot of artificial sweeteners, too, and when he cuts them out of his diet, his joints stop hurting. Between your experience and his, there must be more to it than just coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering about the the new email feature---I will have to try it too.

    I can't wait for Monday's post--YAY:)

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way! Since I started drinking my water from a straw (I buy colored ones and pick the color I'm in the mood for that day.--Silly I know, but it works for me!) my water intake has gone WAY up!

    And way to go on the fridge! Isn't that a wonderful feeling?! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a productive day....doesn't it always feel so good to get those projects done...I think we all have them....
    Housework I heard is like stringing pearls with no knot on the end. I am thankful for the gift of being able to do it and for it being a task(s) that does bring Glory to God...
    We are SO with you on anything with Splenda or Aspartame
    love,
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will hvae ti try that straw thing. I need to drink more water. We had alot of rain here on the weekend i think it was about 70 mm. Lots of wind and lots of power outages. Fortunitly we did not loose our power. Have a great Week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's time for me to clean my fridge out too.

    Yes, I got your comment in my email. How'd you do that? :-)

    Totally agree about the time change! I would like to have them leave it alone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan,
    I cleaned my fridge today. In fact I cleaned my whole kitchen. I will having pictures later with more frugal tips. I am so excited you are stitching. It is so relaxing. You have been one busy bee.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am starting today to cut out the diet cokes to see if my headaches and knees feel better. I need to drink more water anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin