Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cancel the Search Party

We're still here! ;) I think it's been almost a week since I last posted. I just haven't had all that much to say, so I've been quiet, an unusual thing for me. We've been busy with just everyday things. Beth has joined me in my exercise routine, which is ensuring that I do what I'm supposed to. We've also started having our main meal at noon instead of 2:00, so my mornings are full of breakfast, laundry, cleaning, and fixing dinner. Then we exercise in mid-afternoon. So 3/4 of my day is taken up with just the basic everyday things.

I have had some blog ideas in my head, but I just haven't gotten them down "on paper" yet. I'll try to work on that this week, because they're of a more spiritual nature and I think they'll be a help and/or a blessing to you. Or at least I hope so, as they were helpful to me.

This week is Thanksgiving in the US (I'm sure you didn't know that!). We have been invited to have Thanksgiving dinner with some other American ministry workers here in the Vancouver area (after all that talk of celebrating in October!), and I'm pretty excited! We normally have our mid-week service on Thursday night, which meant we either couldn't go to the meal or we'd have to leave early. Well, Wes decided to change our service to Wednesday night, at our house, so that we could go on Thursday and spend as much time as we wanted and enjoy ourselves. Our church folks don't seem to mind, for which I'm thankful. It's not their holiday, and we've already celebrated the Canadian holiday, so they are really being generous to allow us the liberty to indulge our family! I'm taking my southern dishes - Sweet Potatoes and possibly cornbread dressing (I haven't asked Wes yet if he wants that) and a couple of Apple Pecan pies. None of which I can or should eat! LOL I will take some sugar-free cranberry sauce for me and try to eat as few carbs as possible.

Speaking of carbs and stuff . . . my diabetes is really giving me fits right now. It's getting harder to control, or should I say it's getting harder for me to get it under control when I mess up? And I mess up often. I've had it so easy till now. My sugars would go up occasionally, but come back down to a reasonable range, but now they go up and stay up if I'm not careful of every bite of food I take. And exercise makes a difference. So. When we renewed our visas in August, we didn't realize that many of the things we had established in country, such as doctors, would be dropped. Now I'm waiting on medical forms and cards and such so that I can get back in to see my doctor. Thankfully, he had just prescribed a new round of medication for me right before our visas renewed, so no worries there. I am trying - and mostly succeeding - to eat a very healthy, balanced diet (balanced in carbs, proteins, and fats) and exercise daily, which is barely keeping my sugar levels in the acceptable range - not good or normal, just acceptable most of the time. It's hard. I want to quit. But I've come to realize that my grace period is over with this disease. It means business, so I have to mean business.

So on that cheerful note I'll close for now! LOL I hope you all have a great week of celebrating Thanksgiving with your families and friends!

8 comments:

  1. Happy..Happy Susan to you and yours..I am so glad that you have such a sweet understanding church family..and that you are having T-day with friends ...what sweet memories and fellowship...

    Looking forward to your new blog ideas..funny..I was just telling another blogging friend that I am thinking of shifting things around a bit...not the design, per se but content and possible other blog...just not sure on this..and praying...funny how thoughts go around in your mind when you BLOG...
    ALSO...proud of you and your exercising....and praying somehow your diabetes will level out....
    You are now on my prayer list for that...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a lovely time with friends on Thursday! I'm sorry about the strict diet -- I'm on one too (for low blood sugar). It's not fun. I'll be sitting out of the pie course myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Susan. :)
    Blessings,
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susan, I'm so sorry that you are having such difficulty with you diabetes. I'll be praying for you. Happy almost Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((Susan)) ~ I am so glad you are getting to celebrate Thanksgiving American style and with fellow American friends. How fun to have t*w*o thanksgivings ... blessings abound! ;o)

    I will be praying for you about the diabetes. I know it is a serious disease ... and can be *very* frustrating. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,

    I will be praying for you with your health problems. My MIL has diabetes and stuggled for some time to get it under control. She finally has that accomplished for now and it was quite a lot of work for her too!

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ~Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear about the bouts with your diabetes!!! NO FUN!

    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends!

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration! : )

    And I will be praying for you regarding your diabetes--it sounds like you are heading in the right direction with your diet and exercise.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin