Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Boy Got a Job

We got news from Sam yesterday: he finally got a job!!! He has been filling out applications, calling back, even taking a security-guard course (with the promise of a job), but no one called back. Until Monday. The UPS Store called and asked him to come in for an interview. This job is seasonal, with the option of becoming full-time after the holidays. He snapped it up, and he starts to work next Tuesday. We are relieved and happy. He is relieved and happy. Hopefully UPS will be happy.

I just have to praise the Lord for the way this semester has gone. When we left Sam in Lancaster, we were confident he would have a job within a week or two. He's a dependable, hard worker, and we I was just sure that every employer could see that plainly on my boy's face. I mean, just look at him; he's the boy on the left in the sidebar picture. The epitome of dependable, hard worker. But apparently they either didn't see what I see, or they didn't need any dependable hard workers at that time. Anyway, Wes and I were a little worried as time went by and no job materialized. Then God started working. Money would come in from the most unlikely places, and most of his bill for this semester is paid. The boy has had no job, but his bills are paid. He has a fresh haircut, all the clothes he needs, clean laundry, plenty of junk food. God is good! And we are humbled to be taught, through our son, that God meets your needs, every time.

19 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad he was able to get a job. It's difficult being in school and working, BUT it's great to have a little $$ in your pocket and to know you're able to save up for those wonderful tuitions. LOL

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan....wwwooohooooo...and Praise the Lord...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing!

    We've been learning -again- about some of the unique ways that God chooses to provide for us.......we serve such an AMAZING God, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great answer to prayer! Will he be getting a break and coming home for Thanksgiving or spending it with a family in CA?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing to read! Brings back memories of my third year hunting a job. The Lord took care of me in much the same way. He is faithful!

    It must be a different experience to see your own son learning to live by faith in the same way you do. Exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your son & may God be with him. He sounds like a nice young man. May God be with you all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you, and for Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rejoicing with you over this wonderful nwes! Although it's probably been very hard for Sam to wait these last couple of months, I'm sure the Lord has taught him some valuable lessons on patience and trust. ;)
    Blessings,
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have been praying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, I'm so glad for you all and especially for your son. It's just wonderful how God is the Great Provider.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise the Lord, I am rejoicing with you. God is so good!!

    God Bless
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  12. God is so good! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Susan How wonderful. Yes God does provide. We have learn we can never out give God. The more we give the more the blessings pour out.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful that your son found a job...and knowing that God was there with him all the time taking care of his needs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Susan, I'm so happy for your son and also for you. It is a blessing to have children who aren't afraid to work and want to work. I hope UPS is happy to. I loved how you said that. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great news!

    By the way, I am hosting a Christmas giveaway! Check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I LOVE reading how God takes care of His children..such an encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am happy that your son got the job. I have a son, so I know how it feels to worry about them and their happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Susan ~ I just wanted to pop in and wish you and your sweet family a Happy American Thanksgiving! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin