Tuesday, October 02, 2007

You Make Me Smile!



I've been honored to be included in another blog award making the rounds, the You Make Me Smile Award. This one was given to me by my blogging friend, Barbara, of Stray Thoughts. Her blog has always been one that makes me smile - and think! - and I've enjoyed it from the minute I found it. Thank you, Barbara, for your gracious thoughts of me and my blog!

Here is what the original creator of the award has to say:
"This is what the person that created this award says about it- the thing that I love most about blogging is that I learn so much about a person just by reading their blog. I have met MANY wonderful people with wonderful stories to tell,and I am grateful every day for each person that I have the pleasure of crossing paths in life with.

I wanted to create something special for the top ten people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives that they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement.Although there are MANY people I want to give this award to at this very moment, I am going to choose ten bloggers:

Please grab your badge and wear it(with a smile) proudly, and pass it on because you inspire and encourage me, thank you. So, now it is my turn to pass it on. "

So now I get to choose 10 bloggers who make me smile! In no particular order:

Cindy at Sew Blessed - her beautiful stitching makes me smile
Cheryl at Copper's Wife - always enjoy the accounts of her days "looking well to the ways of her household"
Ashleigh at Heart and Home - wish I'd had it all together at her age! Sweet young wife and mom
Deb at Mountain Musings - love this family and their day-to-day doings, someday want to visit them - for real
Lovella at What Matters Most? - a lifelong resident of BC, she's teaching me a lot about Canadian country life
Melody at With the Fruit of Her Hands - unexpectedly expecting, makes me smile to follow her pregnancy and life with her husband and pre-schooler
Mrs. T at Across My Kitchen Table - miles apart in reality, I feel like we already know each other and would love to sit across from her at the kitchen table
Tammy at Tammy's Times - an online friend before we started blogging, we've met in real life
Elizabeth at In My Kitchen - always makes me smile with all the things she accomplishes in a day
Jane at Hitting the High Notes - a recent blog find, another pastor's wife with whom I can relate - makes me smile every time

Thank you for all the smiles, ladies!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you, Susan! Your blog makes me smile too. =) Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan ~ How very special!! You made me smile when you said you'd like to come for a visit -- for real! I would absolutely love it!!

    Thank you for the award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Susan!!! I am so tickled to think you would love to visit with me across a *real* kitchen table rather than a virtual one... maybe someday that will actually happen, who knows?

    It was so sweet of you to honor me with this award... I enjoy your blog so much, as well. You have inspired me in so many ways!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Susan... you are so sweet! But let me just say, a million and one times... if you could see me right now, shower-less, in my toddler-tear-stained jammies and a list a mile long of things I'll never accomplish today, you'd know I can never claim the title of having it all toghether! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! New blogs to check out! I dont have enough time as it is to visit all my cyber friends.
    BTW, We will be in Lancaster in a few eeks for their mission conference, I would love to meet your son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy, Deb, and Mrs. T - you are all blessings to me, and I was glad to pass along this award!

    Ashleigh, I know how it is as a young mom - it's not always "together" - but how I wish I'd had the sense of purpose that I see in you, when I was your age. I meant every word I said!

    Rita, I'd love for you to meet Sam. I've told him that you will be there. I'll see what I can do to see if he can meet up with you, maybe in the coffee shop or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan,

    Thanks so much! I love having you visit my blog - and I love visiting yours too!!

    It is so wonderful that we live in a day and age where we are able to encourage one another as Pastor's wives without even having personally met each other.

    Thanks again,

    Jane

    PS - I have never had an "award" - do I have to do anything now - I still am learning all about this blog world in which I live. :) Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Susan for thinking of me and my sewing projects. You are so sweet and thoughtful. I feel so blessed to be able to sew and I pray that God allows me to bless others with it. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan - thank you for the award. Your post came on a day when I so needed the encouragement!

    Every day this week I've kept this post open meaning to reply to it - and have promptly forgotten every single day! :O)

    Thanks again! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin