Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Little More

Thank you all for your enthusiastic feedback on Monday's post. Honestly, I was a little afraid to post it, because I was afraid it would be seen as compromising in some way. We aren't compromisers; we have standards for all areas of our life. But just because we hold to a particular standard or conviction does not mean that we expect everyone else to do the same. My husband has to frequently remind me of Romans 14:4 -
"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand."
Many times I fall into criticism of another servant of God because what they are doing doesn't fit into my box of what is acceptable. I'm sure that I do some things that don't fit into someone else's idea of what a saved person is supposed to do! If Satan can get us to bite and consume one another in place of winning the lost and living to please God rather than men, then he has accomplished his purpose. You all made some very excellent observations that added so much to my entry, and I thank you for your thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. Well of course this short little post here prompted me to scroll down and read the one form Monday. I shout a hearty AMEN!!! Susan, balance is the key isn't it? We can overdo and overpreach many personal issues. My young niece Jackie is the one to reel me in from time to time when I feel overwhelmed. She'll say, "But Aunt Pam, what works best for you and Uncle Agustin? What works best for your family?" Of course, we are speaking of things that aren't unbliblical or unChrist like but preferences and/or ideas of others that work well for them but maybe not so well for us. You ended your post perfectly. Why trade what is best for us? Great Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Susan, you have such a sweet spirit in your posts. I don't think anyone would find you compromising. What you said was true!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan...You have a God given way with Words...and I pray God will Keep using you in blogland...WE need your words and how the Lord uses you to dispense truth in such a sweet way...it is convicting in a GOOD way...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read your mondays post...AMEN! my favorite was the very last sentence.."Dont let the good replace the best..."
    AMEN!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin