Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Good morning! It's been a pleasant beginning to our week. Yesterday was a bit of a slow day for me; I was really tired! I did get up on time, but ended up having to catch a quick nap later in the morning just to keep myself going. That doesn't happen too often, but when it does, there's nothing for it but to lie down and sleep a few minutes.

I decided yesterday to try something for my health. I've gone off of all artificial sweeteners for a week to see if I feel any different. I've read lots about them, and although I've never really worried about using them, I've had some vague aches and pains lately, and I'm wondering if the artificial sweeteners might be causing them. Hence the little experiment. I'm also trying to drink lots of water to flush them out. I hate water! LOL

Yesterday morning, we got a call from friends asking us to dinner. Wes asked if there were any reason we couldn't go over and eat at their house, and I was pretty quick to answer that there was no reason at all! ;) Another family was invited also, whose teenaged daughters are good friends with Beth and Andrew. We enjoyed a delicious roast beef dinner with all the trimmings, and then we played a rousing game of Phase 10! LOL On the way home, we were held up by an accident on one of the bridges, so we were out till 10:30. So it was another late night, by the time we got in bed, but well worth it.

Beth's piano lessons are on Tuesdays. Wes usually takes her and gives Andrew a drivign lesson while they wait. Today is different, though. Wes has an appointment at 10:00, the exact time that Beth leaves for her lesson. So guess who gets to give Andrew his driving lesson today?! :) This will be my first time to ride with Andrew driving. If you don't hear from me . . . ;)

Have a great day looking after your family!

4 comments:

  1. Susan ~ Would you let me know if eliminating the sweetners really makes a difference in how you feel? I know I use too much artificial sweetner - even if I order water with lemon at a restaurant, I'll add 2 or 3 packets of sweetner to make "free" lemonade! And I use a lot in my daily brewed ice tea.

    re: driving with a learner... I know how it was when we went thru it! I'm still on pins and needles if I'm in the passenger seat with one of the kids. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully by the time I was alone in the car with our teen-aged drivers-to-be, they were already fairly proficient. I think we would both have been basket cases if I had had to give any lessons!

    I had a nap today as well. I kind of chafe when I do because I feel I am wasting my time alone in the day which should be prime work time -- but as you said, some days you just can't go another step until you get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way....I HATE water :( I really have to work at drinking it.

    What a nice treat to have a roast dinner with all the trimmings made for you, and Phase 10 is one of our favorite games. Can you believe it has been around over 25 years and my DH and I just learned of it less than a year ago which is odd because I am a game fanatic!

    Hope we hear from you soon to know that you are OK ;)
    Have a wonderful evening.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Phase 10. It's one of my favorite games.

    I did the artificial sweetener experiment also and I have not used them since! My brother's MS doctor is convinced that artificial sweeteners have some sort of link to the disease and other diseases people face today. No actual scientific proof, but he does tell his patients to lay off of them.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin