Friday, September 21, 2007

What's Your Style?

Yesterday I was reading Elizabeth's blog posts, and she asked what our cooking style is. I knew immediately what mine is! I am a down-home, simple, Southern cook - meat and potatoes, fry a few things, have some gravy to wash it down, with some sweet tea and a dessert. At least that how I like to cook! LOL Since being diagnosed with diabetes, I've had to reel in my carby, fried diet and learn to cook more healthy meals. But they're still fairly simple, and still mostly meat and potatoes, with some veggie sides. We rarely have bread at a meal anymore, and dessert is usually reserved for Sunday dinners, although this week has seen a little more sweet stuff than usual.

So what kind of cook are you? Meat-and-potatoes? Gourmet? Or somewhere in between?

What's your favorite cookbook/cooking magazine?

What is usually in your pantry, your staple ingredients that you can't do without?

What is your favorite type of dish to cook: main dish, sides, breads, desserts?

Do you have a signature recipe, one that everyone knows you for?

What's your favorite appliance or gadget that you couldn't get along without?

And finally, what is your husband's favorite recipe that you fix? You know, the one that says "I love you - this is especially for you!"

You can answer these questions in the comments, or on your blog, if you have one and are so inclined! I'll answer them myself later today.

6 comments:

  1. I answered over on my blog! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison2:12 AM

    I am vegetarian, and I love to cook Indian food. I use lots of spices and herbs, and sometimes even grind them myself. I also make my own yoghurt (very easy in a thermos). My husband's favorite is anything hot and spicy, so I make it hot for him, then stir in the yoghurt for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beans and Rice, latin fusion!!! With a southern girts and gravy on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I answered over on my blog, too. What a neat idea! I've urged my readers to answer the questions as well... it will be fun to see everyone's responses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted the answers on my blog! Thanks for the cool idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alison, I don't think I've ever had Indian food, although Indians make up a large portion of Vancouver's population. I have heard it's spicy, though, so I'd have to indulge a little at a time, as I'm not too spicy! ;) Thanks for answering!

    Rita, I bet you have some really neat dishes in your recipe book! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin