Saturday, September 01, 2007

Finally . . . Home!

We finally made it back home late last night. Our car repairs caused us to stay an extra day. We spent most of Wednesday waiting. The car dealership was kind enough to provide a shuttle for us, and the hotel was very generous to allow us to check out late, so around noon or so we left the hotel and went to have some lunch. After that we spent some time at the mall, walking around killing time. Finally, at 2:30, we went back to the dealership and just waited there, with all our luggage and traveling junk - pillows, snacks foods, cooler, entertainment - piled in the corner of the waiting area! We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies come to town, I tell ya! LOL We finally retrieved our car around 3:30, stopped for gas and hit the road. It was exactly 4:00 when we pulled onto the freeway leading away from Lancaster. Fortunately, Wes had only planned to drive to Sacramento on Wednesday, so it was only a six-hour drive, and we arrived there right about bedtime and were able to get a good night's sleep and continue on the next day.

I want to publicly praise the Lord for His provision this week. We thought the car repair would be simple, something that one of the men at the church could do for us. It turned out to be much more complicated than that, which meant more money than we were prepared to spend. A couple of pastors with whom we are good friends were also at the college dropping off their children, and during the course of conversation found out about our car. These pastors' churches also support us as missionaries, so before we left, each had promised to help with the car repair bill. These two churches helped us enough to take care of the car repairs and the extra night in the hotel. We weren't without our moments (minutes . . . hours!) of frustration and wondering how we were going to take care of this, but the Lord once again did what He does best - taking care of His own!

I plan to post more completely about our ten-day holiday over the weekend. I want to thank you all once again for your prayers and encouragement through your comments. I read every single comment (many after we got home) and they were each a blessing to me. Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are home, and I was so encouraged to hear how the Lord took care of you in the midst of the very discouraging car trouble. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    I've been checking several times a day to see if you made it home yet. Was so relieved to check tonight and see that you are safely back. I've been praying for you all!

    Have a wonderful Lord's Day tomorrow! Will look forward to reading the full story of your vacation as you find the time to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! Your back:) Can't wait to read all the details:)

    God IS very good:))

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to hear the rest..and yes God is good...HE indeed is our provider...get some rest...we will be here.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan
    I found your blog through my daughter Jodi (Deputy Domain) and I find it to be most interesting.. I hope you don't mind if I post comments
    I have been most anxious to know you arrived home and I have been praying along with your other friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful to hear you made it home safely and that the Lord provided for the repair of your car. God is so good! : )

    Can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ((Susan)) ~ Jehovah-jireh! So glad you made it home safe and sound. Looking forward to the details.

    (Sorry ~ I deleted where I posted under my son's account.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are home safe and sound!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all, once again, for your prayers for our family this past week.

    Mimi, I am so glad to "meet" you, and you are more than welcome to leave comments here all you want! I am not so hot at answering every single comment, but I read every one of them. Please be assured that even when I don't answer specifically, I still appreciate each thought and prayer!

    Mishel, I read your comment on another post about your being in Palmdale on Wednesday for your son's fiddle lesson. We stayed in Palmdale, at the Days Inn on Palmdale Blvd. I wish I had known you were there, because that's the day we were waiting for our car to be finished and we had nothing else to do. It would have been nice to have someone to fellowship with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin