Saturday, August 11, 2007

Eight Things Meme

I've been tagged by several people here lately for the Eight Things About Me Meme. I don't know if I can think of eight things about me that you don't already know without boring you to tears! Let's see, Julieann tagged me a long time ago; more recently it was Barbara H; and I think the most recent was Jess. Sorry to take so long, ladies, and I hope I don't have to do one of each of you - because it's hard to think these things up!

1. I am really very shy, deep down. Hard to believe, I know! The Lord has really worked on me to help me get over the sheer terror of walking up to someone and introducing myself.

2. I have lots of moles. A disgusting amount, really. I watch them all the time to make sure they're not changing.

3. I'm a Messie. I've always struggled with keeping things clean, neat, and organized. I love FlyLady! Yes, even with all those e-mail reminders! There is such a thing as e-mail folders and delete buttons!

4. I am not afraid to use a public restroom. That is becoming a rare trait these days. How do I brave it? I wash my hands. We spent almost 3 years traveling all over the US, and if I had been afraid of public restrooms, I would have been in sad shape and very uncomfortable - we had one trip that lasted 3 months! I feel like being rude and saying, "Get a grip, people!" But I'll be nice! ;)

5. I never went to college. I have a dream of doing so someday. And I have to say my Dad was right. He said if I didn't go when I had the chance, I probably never would. That was about 23 years ago!

6. I'm afraid to kill a bug or spider if there is someone who can kill it for me. If I am the only one seemingly capable of killing said creature, I can and will do it. I very heroically killed a spider in our cabin at camp last week, while 7 13-yo girls screamed behind me.

7. If I get hot during the night, I simply stick my foot out from under the covers. Then when it gets cold, I put it back under next to Wes's leg! ;)

8. I can sleep through my husband's snoring. I have attained mild heroic status among the handful of men who have had the experience of sharing a room with my husband. And yet I always heard the babies cry in the next room!

2 comments:

  1. I stick my foot back and forth under the covers through the night, too. :)

    I am very shy as well. The Lord has helped me with it but it's not something that has been removed completely.

    I'm the same way with bugs. We have a lot in common! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, congratulations on the Nice Matters Award. You deserve it!!

    But...I think someone should come up with an award for you for #8 on your list. Anyone who can sleep through a husband's snoring has my vote! LOL!

    I was very shy growing up and into my 20s. Everyone wondered how in the world I'd ever get married. Now they can't believe I'm the same person! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin