Monday, July 09, 2007

A So-So Day

Today has been one of those days when you just "do the next thing." I got up and exercised, then had breakfast and showered. Then I had to do the one-foot-in-front-of-the-other thing - just keep plodding along. I'm pretty tired, but I've been very careful how I ate today, so my blood sugar isn't quite as high as it was - although it's still high enough that my doctor is not going to be happy. I'm not even happy! LOL

Speaking of the doctor, I called his office today - and he was out for the day! I have to wait and call back tomorrow. I'm hoping he will renew my prescription without having to see me. I'm also going to have him refer me to a diabetes educator. I took diabetes classes when I was first diagnosed, almost eight years ago. In order to qualify for the insurance supplement that will pay for my diabetes testing supplies, I have to attend a diabetes class here and show proof that I have done so. So there are two reasons I need to take an up-to-date class. I read a lot, which leaves me lots of room for confusion. I want my own personal diabetes educator/nutritionist to tell me exactly what to do and how to fix it if it doesn't work. Part of my frustration is just simple uncertainty about exactly what to eat, how much to exercise, how often to test my blood sugar - all things that would be taught in a diabetes class.

Ok, I'm through whining now. I'm trying to listen to the Leadership Conference at Lancaster Baptist Church. It was doing fine for the first 30 minutes or so, and now I can't get a good stream going again. They're broadcasting each service of the conference live this week. Wes and I had considered going, but we couldn't afford a trip now and another one in August. So we'll watch it on the computer! Tonight they had a great tribute to heroes of the Fundamentalist Baptist movement. Many of the preachers mentioned I have heard preach over the years, and I had at least heard of all of them. I enjoyed that so much!

Have a great evening, and I'll see you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Susan,
    When are you going to Lancaster? I ask because we're going on furlough in August, and my grandpa lives close to Lancaster. I'd love to meet up! Maybe for a breakfast or lunch, as I know you'll be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,,,,,I know those *one foot in front of the other* days...and sometimes the days will turn into weeks...I tell myself it COULD be WORSE.....
    Glad to hear that you are going to get some cousel on your diabetes...sometimes that is just we need...someone to SPELL it all out for us....
    I love listening to sermons on the computer...Westside Baptist Church in Bremerton WA has a lot of GREAT sermons...very encouraging..love their pastor...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Lancaster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi susan,
    Monday was like for me too. I have lived around diabetes all my life. That is nothing to mess with. You take care of yourself.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,
    Go check out my 3-column blog. I can hardly believe I did it! I've posted about how I did it and someone left another tip also. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be glad to help if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhonda, we'll be in Lancaster near the end of August. E-mail me and I'll give you exact dates and some of our plans, and maybe we can meet for a bit!

    Deby, thanks for your encouragement. I had a good day today, and I got to see my doctor. I'll tell about it tomorrow. I'll have to check out the church you mentioned.

    Rita, will you get out to Lancaster while you're in the US? If it's during the school year, maybe you could meet our Sam.

    Elizabeth, I've lived around diabetes most of my life too. My mother had type 1, and she died very young from its complications. Which is why I don't understand why I don't take it more seriously!

    Sharon, I sure will drop by your blog to see it! Maybe I can learn something, although it may take a couple of weeks before I can get around to doing something with mine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin