Monday, July 30, 2007

Off to Camp!

Our family is off to camp for the week!!! We are excited. The kids always have the greatest time at camp. The camp we go to has no pool or horses or any of the stuff most people have come to believe "camp" is supposed to be, but there are lots of activities and lots of preaching. We have morning devotions with the kids, then a morning teaching session, and a preaching service in the evening. The afternoon is filled with games, Tuc Shop (snack bar), a little rest, and some free time to shower, should anyone think it necessary! ;) After the evening service we have another round of games, some inside and some outside. So I feel there's a good balance between fun and serious things, and all the kids I know here absolutely love camp - even without all the "extras." We stay in little cabins with electricity but no heat or AC, shower in concrete shower houses where the hot water runs out, and we have to set up the dining room/chapel for each activity - it's the same room for physical and spiritual meals! So our camp is not glamorous and polished - quite rustic - but the Lord shows up and sometimes a life or two is changed! Please pray for the teens this week. The decisions they make may very well shape the rest of their lives. And while you're talking to the Lord about the teens, mention my name too, ok?! I want to be used by the Lord this week! See you on Friday!

7 comments:

  1. I hope you all have a wonderful week at camp!
    Blessings,
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you all have a wonderful time. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I do hope you have a wonderful time at camp--and I look forward to hearing about it when you get back! I'll be praying for the teens and you too! : ) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time! I will pray for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your enjoying camp! When you get back we will be on our holiday. Can't wait to hear how it went...

    God bless
    Jess~

    BTW- I tagged ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Susan,
    Finally made my way over to your blog and have added your blog to my list. Will visit again soon. Hope you have a wonderful time at camp.
    Have a great weekend!
    ~Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, I tagged you for a meme on my blog, when you have a chance and if you want to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin