Friday, July 27, 2007

A Most Enjoyable Morning

This morning I went and had a cup of coffee with a dear, sweet friend. A two-hour cup of coffee, even! This wasn't just any friend; this was my friend I met through blogging, back in April when we were getting ready to move. If you don't know (or remember) the story, then go read it real quick - it's an amazing one! We promised each other back then that we would get together for coffee or tea, and between our moving and her busy life, we just now got around to it.

As soon as we met, we both started talking, and it was pretty much non-stop chatting for the next two hours! LOL Wes is still amazed that I can meet someone that is (almost) a total stranger to me and spend two hours talking to her. You have to be a talker to understand that instant connection, I guess. We found that we have so many things in common, from books to decorating to thrifting to old things that belonged to our grandmothers to guys who love computer games. What a wonderful gift the Lord gives us in friends, even in those we've only known for a little while! I kinda feel like this blogging thing might be worthwhile, if it brings a new friend and is a blessing to someone else. I sure enjoyed my morning coffee today! Thanks for meeting with me today, M . . . and the best part? We plan to get together more often in the coming weeks!

7 comments:

  1. I have been reading and catching up here! My you've been busy!

    I'm very happy for you Susan to have hit it off with one of your blogging friends. I'm hearing quite a few of my fellowbloggers share similar experiences. I hope one day I can meet someone I've *met* in blogworld.

    I pray for your church/ministry each time the Holy Spirit brings it to my mind. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!!Last week a group of bloggers here all met for lunch. We all already knew each other but it was fun to be all in one room together! 5 Blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sis Susan,
    It's been a while since I've came by your page, so I just wanted to stop by and say Hey!! I haven't posted in several months (Due to the fact that I was trying to get finished with college!)

    I changed the way my page looks (With the help of a good friend) And since I finished college this week!! YAY!! :) Hopefully I will be able to post more often.

    I see that you are moving..... Agh!! I remember all that packing, and moving, and unpacking.... I'll be praying for you!! LOL!! :)

    I hope your doing good!!
    Love in Christ, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan ~ I think there is just something special when sisters in Christ meet. It puts me in mind of the scripture where Mary goes to help Elizabeth and John leaps within Elizabeth's womb in response to the Christ child within Mary. There is a sense of recognition within our spirits when two Christians meet, and a bond is formed immediately.

    I loved this post; it sounds like such a wonderful time. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, I've had the privilege of meeting several "online" friends over the years. Deputation helped that a little; we went through some cities where friends lived, and were able to meet at a restaurant or a church. Thank you so much for praying for us when the Holy Spirit brings us to mind - that's a real blessing to know!

    Rita, that would be so much fun to get together with a whole group of blogging friends at once!

    Hi, Jessica! It's nice to see you again, and congratulations on finishing college! We actually moved three months ago, and it's much too early to forget all those boxes and packing. We love our new home!

    Jodi, it was indeed a great time we had. We are hoping to do some Bible study together in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. never too many friends, especially when the Lord knows our every need. I'm amazed at how he has brought just the right people into our lives, truly amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovella, I've seen the Lord bring people together at the most amazing times! And people think He doesn't care . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin