Sunday, July 08, 2007

Mexican Chicken Salad

Deb asked last week for the recipe for Mexican Chicken Salad that I had listed on our menu plan. I ended up not having it last week, and planned to put it on the menu this week; however, when I went to plan this week's meals, I found that we were already having chicken twice, and didn't want to have another meal with it this week. So I'm moving it to another week, but I'll put the recipe here now so that I don't forget to get it in. I probably found this online somewhere, but at the time I found it, I wasn't putting the source after each recipe, which I do now. So if you see this recipe and think, "Hey! That looks just like my recipe!" it probably IS your recipe. Let me know, and I'll be sure to give you the credit for it.

Mexican Chicken Salad

1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 Tbsp. honey
1-1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
pepper


Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.

1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and cut into 2" strips
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 16-oz. pkg. frozen corn
1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
5 green onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped


Heat oil in 12" skillet. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt, then saute in pan until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Combine cooked chicken, corn, tomatoes, black beans, onions, and red peppers in large bowl. Stir in dressing ingredients. Chill at least 1 hour. (I prepare it up to this point and chill until the next day.)

1 pkg. lettuce mix
2 avocados, peeled and chopped
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 cups slightly crushed blue corn tortilla chips
1 cup sour cream
1 jar thick and chunky salsa


When ready to eat, combine chicken mixture with lettuce. Serve along with avocados, cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa. Each diner garnishes his own salad as desired. Serves 6 to 8

2 comments:

  1. Susan ~ thanks for posting the recipe. Sounds like something our family would like - cumin is one of my favorite spices! I've copied and pasted it into my recipe file and will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, Deb! Let me know how your family likes it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin