Saturday, July 07, 2007

For some reason, I can't post a title!

Just a few random thoughts today. We've finally settled back into a somewhat normal routine. Keeping in mind that normal is just a setting on the dryer, of course. Today we went out door-to-door for a little over an hour. Lots of walking. Hopefully we'll see some results from our work today. Although it's still not very hot (that comes next week), it was still hot out there walking in the sunshine. I did enjoy the scenery, though. We began on a higher point of the city, so every door I came to, I was looking for the views of the ocean. Some folks are so blessed! LOL I love pretty views.

I'm going to have to call my doctor on Monday. I missed my last post-bloodwork appointment because we were moving. I have not done well in the past three months, either in the sense of taking care of myself, and not surprisingly, in the sense of how I feel. I've been incredibly tired, and it's because my blood sugars are too high. Way too high, even first thing in the morning. It's a combination of things, for which I have only excuses - no really good reasons. I have gradually been realizing that, although my diabetes is still fairly mild compared to others, it is beginning to progress, and I'm not able to coast through my treatment. Now I'm having to pay attention, and I have to keep up with all three aspects of my day-to-day care - diet, exercise, and medication. And . . . I really don't like it, to be honest! So I'm having some attitude adjustments along with having to swallow my pride and admit that I've not taken care of myself. Pray for me. I really am battling my attitude toward it all right now.

Because of not feeling very energetic, I have fallen behind in housework. I've just been treading water. I have so much to do, and I have to get Beth's new skorts made for camp. I'm making myself remember that I can do anything for 15 minutes and take it in short bits. That helps me to not feel so overwhelmed, and it lets me get work done as well as rest when I need to. Some may scoff at only working in 15-minute increments, but it has been a lifesaver for me!

As I mentioned above, it's supposed to get really hot here next week, in the upper 80 to around 90. I don't like hot weather, but the sunshine is great! LOL So far, we haven't had too much trouble keeping this house cool. We'll see what happens next week.

Deb had asked for the Mexican Chicken Salad on my menu plan this week. I ended up not fixing it, so I'll forward it to next week and post the recipe then.

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Sorry your having such a hard time with your health, I know it can be so discouraging. I am dealing with Hypoglycemia now, during my pregnancies I had diabetes and was on insulin. Remember you can't take care of everyone else unless your taking care of yourself. You can do it!

    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a tip for posting, click on the word "Title" and it will let you put in a title. At least that is what it is doing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, do call the doctor! You never know, he may make some very easy to do suggestions!! Do take care of yourself, though! (end of lecture....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had diabetes now for about ten years. It is that slow progression of fatigue and other symptoms that can wear on you.

    Don't feel guilty when you have to "go slowly"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan - not going to lecture you - because you just admitting you're struggling was a reminder that I need to pay more attention to my diet. Thank you. I had gotten to the point where I felt like "what's the use?" Thanks for being the reminder that I really do need to care about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I for one will not scoff at doing things in 15-minute increments. It really does work, and some days it's the only way I get anything done. I'm not dealing with health issues as you are, but there is a lot going on in my life and in my emotions right now.

    Do call the doctor, and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. blogger has been bad about letting me post a title.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan--I will be praying for you regarding your diabetes. My mother-in-law suffered with it for years, so I am familiar (we lived with her--she lived with us)with all that is involved in managing the disease. I am thankful you are going to get a hold of your doctor. I know it's easier said than done, but try to take care of yourself and don't feel guilty if you can't do *everything*. Hugs and prayers to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:28 AM

    The Lord allows these trials into our lives so that we will lean harder on Him. The harder we lean on Him, the more faithful we find Him to be. When our own strength is gone, only then do we fully experience the wonderful power (dunamis) of His Spirit living in us. His strength is made perfect in our weakness! Walk with Him minute by minute, hour by hour, and His strength will be yours in abundance. The fellowship with Him will be sweet and you will come to thank Him for your trial. Don't dwell on your own weakness or look for your own strength, look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your words of encouragement! I've had a so-so day. I'll be fine, but we all have days where we struggle with the load. Today has been one of those days. Thanks for being my friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin