Monday, June 18, 2007

Sunday in Review - June 17, 2007

What a day we had yesterday! We had 29 people in attendance, which is wonderful, but the most fun part was that 8 of them were children! Yes, I had quite the Sunday school class yesterday. We have several ladies who come to our church who work as nannies, and a couple of them were able to bring the children of the families for whom they work. I had several pre-schoolers, so I simplified my lesson and just let go and had fun with it. The best part was how well they listened; I cracked up watching their facial expressions match mine! LOL The lesson was about King Ahab taking Naboth's vineyard. I had great fun with Ahab's going home to pout because Naboth wouldn't give over the vineyard! ;) It was also an easy lesson to relate to younger children, because they are prone to pouting just like Ahab was, and wanting things that are not theirs. I was informed by one little girl, though, that "when you want something, you have to borrow it!" Well, yes . . . but I don't think she was quite catching on to what I was trying to teach. All in all, it was a great time in Sunday school, and I hope to get to teach the little ones again soon.

Have I mentioned that I'm loving the series on I Peter?!! ;) Last night brought another excellent sermon on "Sightless Love," taken from chapter 1, verses 8 and 9 - "Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls."

- The Possibility of Sightless Love - the sightless love we have for our Saviour is possible because He first loved us (I John 4:15-19). Love naturally begets love.

- The Preeminence of Sightless Love - My love for God is to have first place in my life (Colossians 1:18). God desires first place in my life.

- The Power of Sightless Love - God's love for me changes, transforms my life. A lack of service for God indicates a lack of love for God (Revelation 2:1-4). The church didn't lose its first love (not loss of salvation); it left its first love (a choice not to love God supremely).

Thanks for letting me share our Sundays with you!

2 comments:

  1. Well, thanks for sharing your Sundays with us! It's always good to hear what the Lord is doing! : )

    Our pastor is going through 1 Peter on Sunday mornings and I have enjoyed it very much. I haven't been able to be at church for two weeks though and I *really* miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sounded so happy! God is blessing your work there and I need to make it a point to pray more often for you all. Your acount of the kiddies in S.S. made me miss my teaching days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin