Monday, June 04, 2007

Doritos Casserole

Several commentors asked for the Doritos Casserole recipe. I had to do some thinking on where I had gotten it from, because I knew I'd found it online, but couldn't remember where. I finally found it again, on The Aldi Queen. Here's the recipe!

Doritos Casserole

Bag of generic Doritos, any kind (you can also substitute these with regular tortilla chips)
3-4 cups cooked ground beef (optional: cooked in a taco seasoning packet, following directions on packet)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups shredded cheddar or taco cheese
Layer a 9×13 greased pan with the following. Layer of crushed lightly chips, layer of chopped meat, another layer of chips, a layer of cheese, a layer of the soups and tomatoes mixed together (heat them lightly), and then top finally with a cup of chips and another cup of cheese. Bake the casserole at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Yield: Six Servings
Serve with extra tortilla chips.

Since my husband doesn't like chunks of veggies in anything, I mix together the soups and tomatoes and give them a whirl in my food processor. You still get the flavor, without the pieces of the tomatoes. I've done that quite often when a recipe calls for diced or stewed tomatoes, and it works well for us.

4 comments:

  1. Hi those doritos sound yum-mmmeeee...we have a 9 year old that doesn't like chunkies too and I have a husband that I think would love this dish, thanks for sharing! P.S. I found you by clicking "next blog" on a friend's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Demara! I'm glad you had success with the 'next blog' button; I've had some pretty wild experiences with it! LOL Come back and visit any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan ~ thanks for posting the recipe. Sounds like 'most' of our family would like it. Just like your husband doesn't like chunks, my husband doesn't like gloppiness. When I saw those two cans of soup...I can imagine he would think this is a gloppy casserole. Maybe I'll fix this one when he's out of town! :) Thanks for going to the trouble of running it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, This sounds easy and great. I am lately a lurker, not commenting, please forgive me.
    I love reading how you all are doing!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin