Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What a Week!

Well, my in-laws have come and gone, and what a week it was! We drove down to pick them up last Tuesday, then drove them back down yesterday afternoon to stay in a hotel overnight to catch their early flight this morning. It was a fast week, but we thoroughly enjoyed the precious time we had with them. We were pleased that our church family was able to meet them and spend some time with them also on Sunday evening. I have some pictures from the week, but we've had a busy time today, so I will wait and post some of them later this week. Wes and I stayed overnight in Washington and did our montly grocery shopping today before heading back home. We are bushed, even though we had a nice relaxing time together sleeping in and taking our time getting home.

One sad point of the week. My father-in-law received a phone call on Friday afternoon informing him that one of the men of his church in Jamaica had passed away. He had been sick and was awaiting surgery, but the doctors believe an infection set in and entered his bloodstream. Dad hurt so much that he couldn't be there. There is still a chance that he may go down for the funeral, as the autopsy won't be performed immediately and Jamaican custom is to delay the funeral for quite a few days, unlike here in North America. Please pray for this man's family and for Dad as he makes the decision whether or not to return to Jamaica for the funeral.

That's all for now. I read a bit online here and there during the past week, but had little to no extra time for writing or very much reading. Now I need to get my house back in order, or at least continue getting it in order. I've been looking in closets and corners and seeing that, now that we're in and the visit is over, I need to go back through each room and really get things in order as we settle down to normal life . . . whatever that may be! ;)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a great visit with family. I always feel a bit of a let-down when things go back to "normal" after having company, but it's so nice to be able to spend time together.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you've had a nice time. So happy that you're back with us!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Have been missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda, I have tried to visit your blog but am unable to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin