Monday, May 14, 2007

Sunday in Review - May 13, 2007

We had a good attendance for Mother's Day yesterday! We gave a special gift to each mother there - we had seven of them. Our monthly average attendance has gone up by 2 or 3 in the past month; the Lord has been good to send many people our way lately.

My Sunday school class finished up our lessons on David this week. The very last thing was how God promised David that there would always be a king in his line to sit on his throne in Jerusalem, with a condition: the king and the people had to obey God's laws. We know from history, down through our present day, that the people have not obeyed God, hence no king on the throne today. But one day . . . one day, Jesus will return to earth to reign as King of kings, and He will sit upon David's throne in Jerusalem, because His earthly lineage is of David! The kids really enjoyed that, and so did I!

Next Sunday, my father-in-law will be preaching for the morning service. We won't have a service at the rec centre on Sunday night due to the Victoria Day holiday weekend. So we're having a cookout, games, and devotional time here at our house next Sunday night. I'm glad it worked out that way, because our people will get to know my in-laws a little better than just meeting them at church. Hopefully I will get a few pictures to share with you next week!

4 comments:

  1. Next week's plans sound wonderful. Have fun! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. Your in laws are missionaries, as well, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I would like to thank you for mentioning Homespun Living as a favorite craft blog over at the Sew, Mama, Sew Sewing Blog. I really appreciate that, and I am honored. Thank you!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi, we did have a wonderful time! We see family so little that it's extra-special when we can be together.

    Rita . . . yes, my in-laws are missionaries in Jamaica, for 23 years now.

    Deb, you are more than welcome for the mention! I have enjoyed your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin