Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Now I've Done It

Looks like I'm taking another unexpected break. I missed the bottom step on the stairs this morning and twisted my left ankle pretty bad. It's swollen and painful tonight. I was sure I only had one step left . . . but there were actually two. The floor was farther down than I thought it was, and I found it pretty quick. But I didn't spill my laundry basket, and I got up under my own power and walked away, although Andrew was there to help just in case. I think it'll be ok, but I'll probably know more tomorrow. Hopefully the swelling will be down by then and I can walk with hobbling like an old woman.

I can't help but laugh! I've had several setbacks the past couple of weeks, all minor, but hindrances to getting done what I want to do. Hmmm. Maybe I need to slow down and see what I need to learn here! ;)

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
Proverbs 3:5,6

7 comments:

  1. Oh ((Susan)), it's funny how the Lord slows us down like that sometimes. Hugs and prayers sent your way, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Susan, I can feel your pain! My left ankle just recovered (almost) from being twisted/sprained in an ice storm this winter. Now two days ago I tripped over a small stump and sprained the other one! All I can say is I'm glad Tom is away this week and can't smell the Ben Gay that permeates the house!

    I hope yours will recoop very soon! (As busy as I've been this week, I've thought about you in that new house - hope you're enjoying your extra space!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess the Lord just wants you slow down! ((Hugs)) Can't wait to see some pictures of the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!! Hope you heal well and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great outlook. Praying that your injury heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers just said for you. Hope you're feeling better soon. May God Bless you & yiouyr family...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin