Monday, May 14, 2007

Looking Forward to a Good Week

My husband's parents are arriving in Seattle tomorrow around lunch time to spend a week with us. They're missionaries in Jamaica, home for a one-year furlough. We haven't seen them in almost three years, when they helped us move to Vancouver, so this week will be a treat for all of us.

I don't know how often I'll be online this week. I do want to show Mom my blog. I told her about it once, but I'm not sure if she remembers it's here! LOL She is the computer person in their family; computers just laugh at Dad! ;)

I exercised this morning for the first time since I hurt my ankle. I took it really easy, but it's aching now, so I think I'll just stick to three days a week for the time being. I'll just have to eat really well and watch out for my blood sugar. I'm noticing some changes to my upper arms from using the weights. The bat wings aren't disappearing yet, but the muscles are getting firmer and my elbows aren't as fat - if that makes any sense at all! LOL I can tell a difference, anyway, and that helps. I hate, hate, hate exercising and seeing no results!

I have a long list of things to do today. I still have several boxes to unpack, mostly decorative things, and most of our pictures and shelves to hang. At least I can do those in little spurts and not have to work at it constantly. I also want to do some cleaning, get several loads of laundry done, and go to the grocery store. So I guess that means I need to get off the computer, eh? I hope you all have a good day! It's sunny and fairly warm here today, just beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. Glad your ankle is doing better. Have a super time with Wes' parents! I couldn't help but notice you said . . .So I guess that means I need to get off the computer, eh?.

    Now that definitely sounds more Canadian than Texan - lol! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Jodi!!! We meet lots of "eh"ers, but just as many who don't say that. I think it's fun to do it, just to fit in! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your ankle is better. I do know what you mean about the arms and elbows. ;-) I've been working out with some light weights and walking and feel sore, but better.

    Have a wonderful time with Wes' parents!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin