Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Happy Birthday, Wes!


Today is my Wesley's birthday! He has caught up with me again, after six weeks of my being his older woman. He hasn't teased me too much this year; we've been too busy to even think about our birthdays! ;) The kids and I bought him something for his computer and I made him his favorite dinner and a cake, also his choice. We waited dinner till Sam got home so he could celebrate with us. Wes is upstairs right now installing that new gadget, a happy man with a new toy! ;)

I'm so pleased to be Wesley's wife. He is one of the godliest men I know. He doesn't make a big deal out of having a close walk with the Lord, but now that his study is in our bedroom, one of the first things I see each morning is my husband sitting at his desk with his Bible open. He's a quiet, private man, yet he never hesitates to stand for what he believes, and he is not afraid to speak his mind. Even with these characteristics, if he searches the Scripture and finds that he has been wrong, he's not afraid to change. He is a wonderful pastor, giving of himself and his time to serve the people the Lord has placed in his care. There's so much more I could say about him, but you'd probably start to get a little queasy with all the mush, so I'll stop! LOL Suffice it to say that the Lord blessed me with the perfect man for me. And I'm glad I'm not his old woman any more for another 10 months! ;)

I love you, Wesley!

16 comments:

  1. What a great tribute to the man that the Lord has given you...
    You seem like you are a great couple.

    Deby

    PS...I looked at your week of dresses...do you have a link to the blog or websit of CANDY who started the challenge...
    I would like to see more as I am on about week 3 or 4 of dresses/skirts only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to like the mush! Our husbands sound very similar...except my husband is not a pastor. :)

    I admire those qualities and the fact that Brother Wes has a wife who will publicly uplift him and not put him down. Sad to say, that happens all too often these days.

    Happy Birthday, Brother Wes!!

    OH!~!!!! There was a man at our church tonight (forget his name) whose home church happens to be Tabernacle!! He moved up north for a while and is back getting ready for China, I believe. Or maybe starting a ministry to get Bibles over there. To be honest, I missed that part because I was in a classroom. But I did make a video of him playing the piano and singing. I'll be posting that tonight. Who knows...you might recognize him.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read this post. It saddens me to hear the way some women talk about their man.
    And I am sure that your hubby is happy to have an older women with all her knowledge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, to Pastor Wes!! You gave your husband a lovely tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwww I love the mush. Isn't it wonderful how God's hand works?!

    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to Wes!

    I am 6 months older than my husband, so I am his "older woman" for a while, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Pastor Wes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was sweet to read because I am three months older than my husband and it is something that we think is funny. Happy Birthday!!
    I enjoy your blog, Susan, and hope you'll visit mine!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan
    Happy Birthday Wes.
    Good Looking husband. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your birthday wishes for Wes! I told him about them, so he'll be coming over and looking at them today and receive them from you firsthand!

    To answer a couple of questions left here:

    Deby - I do not have a web address for Candy anymore. You might try doing a search for it.

    Kristi - I will take a look and see if we know the man you mentioned. We haven't been members of Tabernacle in over 20 years, and the news we hear is from those who are still in the area, not at the church. But you never know! ;)

    Again, thank you all for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUSAN!! Welcome back or something, what happened? I haven't seen you around anywhere lately and last night I actually went to bed planning on searching mine and Rita's old posts for some of your comments so I could link over here and check on you! But the Lord saved me all that searching! I visited Deby's blog today and there you were, with that gorgeous red hair shining in her comment section! Glory Hallelujah!

    Oh and Happy Birthday Pastor Wes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I just scrolled down to read some of your previous posts, and saw a link to one of my posts! I'm so thrilled! I feel so honored.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A belated Happy Birthday to your dear Wes! It sounds like you all had a wonderful family celebration! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam, Wes's parents were visiting us for a week, so I didn't have much time online. I'm back now . . . and I want to be online TOO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful tribute to your wonderful husband. What a blessing to have a husband who loves God and strives to stand for truth and right and not be afraid to preach it!! I have a husband like that and I thank God every day that I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin