Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday in Review - April 15, 2007

We had a fantastic day!!! Bro. Chovan is a terrific preacher, one who can just make the Bible come alive and then shows you exactly how to apply it to your life. He is preaching on stewardship, and most people automatically think of money when they think of stewardship. That wasn't the case at all today. Bro. Chovan touched on how our spiritual values determine our priorities this morning, which in turn determine how we spend our time and energy, specifically in relation to church attendance. Tonight was so good! He preached on how we will be rewarded in Heaven for the things we do here. Every saved person will receive some reward, even if they just bear a small amount of fruit (no fruit at all? no salvation!). He also pointed out how our positions will be assigned in the Millennium - according to our fruit and rewards - something I'd never thought that much about. My own heart is being revived and stirred, and I pray that our people are allowing the Lord to do the same in their hearts. You do know that the pastor's family needs revival just as much as, maybe even more than, their people, don't you?!! How I need to be challenged often to keep my walk with the Lord the top priority in my life! I'm so grateful for what I heard today, and I can't wait to hear what's in store Monday and Tuesday nights!

We had wonderful attendance today! We had almost a full house this morning, with 27 people there. It was so thrilling to me to look out over the congregation as I played the piano and see the room so full! Then we had 22 people back tonight! I think that's a record attendance for Sunday night! We had two first-time visitors today, one this morning and one tonight.

So aside from my short-lived acting career this morning, we had a wonderful day. This week will be full, and next week we move, so a busy time ahead. I'm thinking this revival may have come at just the right time!

1 comment:

  1. It's always refreshing to go through a revival. Fresh oil from Heaven! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin